1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Looking for interesting/unique Droid 1 apps, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by BovineZro, Aug 22, 2011.

1. BovineZro

BovineZro New Member

Hi everyone, first let me say I've been browsing the forums for awhile, but just recently opened an account. I'm a chronic lurker, but I like what I've seen here. :biggrin:

Now, I have a rooted Droid 1, running the OEM ROM - nothing fancy. This is not my primary phone, it's more of a project/learning tool, so I don't mind taking some risks trying out new software. I have read through this handy guide for root-only apps (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/7881-aplication-list-rooted-only.html) and installed a few.

However, I'm always looking for more stuff to play around with, so I thought the logical thing to do would be to ask other users. I'm specifically interested in VNC clients/servers (I have Remote VNC and Android VNC installed), network mapping/exploration/monitoring tools (Network Mapper, not sure if that's the official name), and standalone GPS applications (ie, that don't require a data connection during use) but if you have an awesome application that you think the Droid 1 shouldn't be without, please let me know. Also, if there are any apps that I should AVOID for whatever reason, please say something! Paid or official apps are fine, but I'd like to discover some free/homebrew software too.

Thanks in advance folks!
Search tags for this page

looking for unique apps

unique andrios app suggestions