Looking for interesting/unique Droid 1 apps, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by BovineZro, Aug 22, 2011.

1. BovineZro

BovineZro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, first let me say I've been browsing the forums for awhile, but just recently opened an account. I'm a chronic lurker, but I like what I've seen here. :biggrin:

Now, I have a rooted Droid 1, running the OEM ROM - nothing fancy. This is not my primary phone, it's more of a project/learning tool, so I don't mind taking some risks trying out new software. I have read through this handy guide for root-only apps (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/7881-aplication-list-rooted-only.html) and installed a few.

However, I'm always looking for more stuff to play around with, so I thought the logical thing to do would be to ask other users. I'm specifically interested in VNC clients/servers (I have Remote VNC and Android VNC installed), network mapping/exploration/monitoring tools (Network Mapper, not sure if that's the official name), and standalone GPS applications (ie, that don't require a data connection during use) but if you have an awesome application that you think the Droid 1 shouldn't be without, please let me know. Also, if there are any apps that I should AVOID for whatever reason, please say something! Paid or official apps are fine, but I'd like to discover some free/homebrew software too.

Thanks in advance folks!

Search tags for this page

looking for unique apps

unique andrios app suggestions