looking for help

monkeyjjk

Reaction score
Im looking to root my DROID razor. Can someone send a link how to do or point me to the right direction???

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Im looking to root my DROID razor. Can someone send a link how to do or point me to the right direction???
There are a couple of methods used but I recommend this one: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a.html. This utility is the great for restoring your phone back to stock, root, installing Safestrap and Voodoo RootKeeper. It is safe, easy and reliable. After you have downloaded the .zip file you MUST extract that file to its own folder. You cannot run the utility within the downloaded zip. After you have extracted the downloaded .zip, inside the .zip file are the up to date Moto drivers (16 bit and 32 bit). Install the drivers on yourr computer. Go to menu>settings>developers options>and select USB debugging. Power off your phone and boot into fastboot mode by holding down the power, volume up and volume down keys simultaneously. You will boot into a black screen with white lettering. Plug your phone into your computer using the USB cable that came with the phone. On your phone, page down to AP Fastboot with the volume down key and select by pressing the power key. When you plug your phone in give it a couple of seconds for your computer to recognize it and then pull down your notification bar and select anything but Mass Media. On your computer go to the folder that you extracted the utility to and double click the .bat file. This starts the utility. From the utility select option 2...root and follow the on screen instructions. Do not unplug you phone until you see "exploit a success". Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
M

monkeyjjk

Reaction score
why is that when I connect my razor I pull the bar down and cannot find charge only. I have instead is mass storage and media device (MTP)Canera (PTP) what do I use???

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
why is that when I connect my razor I pull the bar down and cannot find charge only. I have instead is mass storage and media device (MTP)Canera (PTP) what do I use???
There is no more "charge only" mode with ICS. Like i said in my original response "use anything but Mass Media"...that means select media device:biggrin:

OP
M

monkeyjjk

Reaction score
I have downloaded it and I went thr the step this is what its says adbis is not recognized as a internal or external commend programor a batch file.what does this mean. when I rooted my droid bionic from the same computer I nevr had this problem.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have downloaded it and I went thr the step this is what its says adbis is not recognized as a internal or external commend programor a batch file.what does this mean. when I rooted my droid bionic from the same computer I nevr had this problem.

This is usually an indication that you don't have the latest Motor drivers installed. Did you install the drivers that were included in the download?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

monkeyjjk

Reaction score
how do I get the updated drivers. when I connect my phone to pc it read my phone and back up asst file comes up.so how do I get the updated drivers. or could this be happening cuz the phone is refurbish??

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
how do I get the updated drivers. when I connect my phone to pc it read my phone and back up asst file comes up.so how do I get the updated drivers. or could this be happening cuz the phone is refurbish??
There are two ways. The .zip you downloaded and extracted has a folder with the 32 bit and 64 bit drivers for a Windows PC. The other method of getting the drivers is to go to Motorola support web site and download the drivers from there. I recommend getting the drivers from the Motorola web site.

OP
M

monkeyjjk

Reaction score
I did download the driver pc recognize my phone but still have same problem it wont root

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I did download the driver pc recognize my phone but still have same problem it wont root
What system version are you running? I probably should have asked that question right from the get-go. Go to menu>settings>about phone and see what system version is on your phone.

OP
M

monkeyjjk

Reaction score
the droid razr system version is 6.16.211.XT912 verizon.en us Android version 4.0.4

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
the droid razr system version is 6.16.211.XT912 verizon.en us Android version 4.0.4
Ok, you have the most up to date system version. Just to verify:
-The latest utility for rooting your phone is 1.82 (you can use 1.8 or 1.81 but I recommend you use 1.82)
-Make sure you have selected USB Debugging
-Make sure you are using the USB cable that came with the phone
-Make sure you have NOT selected Mass Storage for type of USB connection
-Make sure you are in AP Fastboot before running the utility
-You may get what appears to be error messages or file not found messages while the utility is running. That is normal. Do not disconnect the phone until you see "exploit failure" or "exploit successful". It take about one full minute for the utility to root the phone...let it run at least that long.
If you have check all the above and your phone still won't root then I'm out of suggestions. Hopefully someone else can figure this out.
-