Looking for Help that I can't find in stores!

rgvane2b

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Rachel and I have a Droid 2 that I got August of2010, and I love it. However I have had a nuber of issues with it freezing up. After several visits to the Verizon store to receive help, they did a factory reset= nightmare! Then about 2-4 weeks after that it began to just shut off at will. Today my wonderful Droid would not recognize my password even after I reset the password. It began to cut off when I the dialed party answered the call.
While they are shipping me a "pre certified" used phone, I am less than impressed with the lack of knowledge in the stores about Droid issues. Any help, ideas would be welcome! Thanks!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Rachel and I have a Droid 2 that I got August of2010, and I love it. However I have had a nuber of issues with it freezing up. After several visits to the Verizon store to receive help, they did a factory reset= nightmare! Then about 2-4 weeks after that it began to just shut off at will. Today my wonderful Droid would not recognize my password even after I reset the password. It began to cut off when I the dialed party answered the call.
While they are shipping me a "pre certified" used phone, I am less than impressed with the lack of knowledge in the stores about Droid issues. Any help, ideas would be welcome! Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! Did they wipe cache/data before factory reset? Any task killers ur using? If so, uninstall it as u don't need it. Are ur apps moved to ur SD card? It can help to free up memory.

ALOHA from the Hawaiian D2G / DX / Xoom

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome Rachael. Verizon is really stupid when it comes to their products, especially when it comes to smartphones. They also have a tendency to flat out lie. I am in sales, so it makes me mad when they lie instead of saying they aren't sure about something.

I am on my 2nd Droid X, my first one was utter garbage. I would look at custom ROMs like Apex, because my phone runs the way it should have out of the box. Its fast and I have had no issues, unlike the stock ROM.

sent from my ApeX

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome Rachael. Verizon is really stupid when it comes to their products, especially when it comes to smartphones. They also have a tendency to flat out lie. I am in sales, so it makes me mad when they lie instead of saying they aren't sure about something.

I am on my 2nd Droid X, my first one was utter garbage. I would look at custom ROMs like Apex, because my phone runs the way it should have out of the box. Its fast and I have had no issues, unlike the stock ROM.

sent from my ApeX

i need a new alarm for my beamer, can u install! Lol jk mr texas

ALOHA from Hawaii

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll hook it up for you. Can't be too much harder than some of the car audio/repair stuff I've done.

When will you be bringing your Beemer to TX? ;)

sent from my ApeX

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I'll hook it up for you. Can't be too much harder than some of the car audio/repair stuff I've done.

When will you be bringing your Beemer to TX? ;)

sent from my ApeX

when u send me a ticket! hahaha JK!

ALOHA from Hawaii

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha Don't think my poor boy job can buy tickets that far... maybe meet me in the middle, in IDK,...Dallas? Jk

sent from my ApeX

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think we scared Rachael away... or I did. Sorry Rachael. Anyway, welcome to the forum and we'll try and help you out as best we can with your issues. Ms. Hawaii is good at that. ;)

sent from my ApeX

Last edited:
OP
R

rgvane2b

Reaction score
Brand and Princess~ You did NOT scare me off...lol! Thanks for sharing, now let me see if I can answere some of the questions. Yes I have task Killer, No I have not ( to my knowledge) transferred my apps to my SD because I do not know how, but I will Google how to do so. Lastly ROM, I am not sure I even know what the he11 that is. So again I will Google ROM.
I am willing to try anything!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
A ROM is basically the system file. You are on the stock Motorola Froyo ROM. Developers make aftermarket ROMs to change things such as different themes, system changes, customization etc. And a well designed ROM is better than the Motorola one. For example, Apex is faster, smoother and more stable than MotoBLUR. I also get over 12 hours per charge with heavy use. When I was stock, I had to charge my phone atleast twice a day.

Taskillers are not necessary and actually can do more harm than good. I haven't needed to use one, except for poorly designed apps. My phone runs nicely without them.

Apps2SD is nice because then you don't lose them and you free up system space. Some apps will not work on your SD card and require you to have them on the internal memory. If you decide to mod your phone or do data wipes or anything, I would suggest rooting your phone and installing Titanium Backup. You can create backups of your apps and reinstall them later. Its fast and easy.

sent from my ApeX

Last edited:
OP
R

rgvane2b

Reaction score
You are speaking a language I am clearly not 100% understanding. I have a backup assistant, but what I hear you saying is that I need a better backup than the standard issue. Also that you suggest App2sd to easily transfer the appa that will run on my SD to my SD? As far as the ROM, if I understand you correctly then an different style ROM may better suit my needs. With this being said I have no clue where to find said ROM, but again I can look.
Yikes I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with all this new information!