looking for guidance

stormcastle

Reaction score
I have an original Droid. Recently, I found that I might be able to tether it to my Ipad so I started doing the research for the procedure on this forum. Didn't realize I would learn to hack my phone. LOL Yesterday I successfully rooted my Droid following directions provided in the forums. I haven't yet tried the tethering but will soon. For now, I am looking for some guidance on what I can do with my Droid now that it is rooted.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello, the question is what do you want to do? You can get jrummys droid overclock app and overclock the phone for speed and underclocked it for battery life. Install roms, themes, basically anything you want to do you can

Sent from my rooted D2

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. definitely its what u wanna do with it. darn if it could cook clean and drive me to work, shucks I would be even more happy. Lol ..... have fun

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

OP
S

stormcastle

Reaction score
I guess I was really wondering what is possible after rooting--still searching forums to learn the terminology and to find out why I would need a different ROM--that is: what is the advantage to a particular ROM other than it is a neat thing to do.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the props man!! :)
OP, to answer your question about what you can do now that you're rooted: ANYTHING you want :)

what I can do with my Droid now that it is rooted.

Themes, roms and overclocking. You can find info on those by using the search at the top of the page. An easy way to overclock is to check out the link in my sig. For a tethering app check out http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/113731-release-wireless-tether-untouchable.html. He's did a great job with it. :welcome: to the forum. Enjoy your stay.

DroidForums Junkie!!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
IMHO, roms are personal preference. The best way to know is to read through whats posted about the rom and compare the differences. Or just install them.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
well most roms are vanilla android (takes the moto blur off your phone to increase performance. i still have my stock rom and i am finding out you can customize pretty much anything you want to with it. just comes down to if you want to take moto blur off and depends if you want the extras that come with the rom. also changes what the user interface looks like.