1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Looking for GPA10 and GPA11

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by thinkmega, Apr 7, 2011.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

Hi, the links @ pete's website for both GPA10 and GPA11 are broken, as of yesterday. Can someone tell me if these two still can be downloaded elsewhere? Or where can they be found?

Thanks very much.
  2. 666ogre666

666ogre666 New Member

He's on GPA15 now, is there a reason why you want an outdated version?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

I am building the ROM (froyo) myself off the source code branch. But I find the components' sizes appear to be bigger than the stock. I don't know why.

GPA10 or GPA11 appeared to be from the main branch with minimum modification. I want to compare the size. If they are comparable, that means my method is fine. If mine are bigger, I need to find out why.
  4. DHO

DHO New Member

5. hyperdude

hyperdude New Member

The sources can be on the order of gigabytes, but when you actually build the ROM it can be anywhere from around 50 to 80+ megabytes.
  6. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

Have you heard something that the aosp rom can be built in "release" mode? I have a D1 so I built one off froyo branch. I notice the choice for Droid 1 (sholes) returned after running "lunch" has a word "debug", does that mean the build is a DEBUG as opposed to RELEASE? My concerns is ... the DEBUG might contain more info for debugging purpose, in return it is slower. But I am not sure if it is true in aosp.
  7. hyperdude

hyperdude New Member

generic-sholes_userdebug, from what I remember reading, is the same as user (which is basically release, if I'm not mistaken), just with additional debugging things installed. Since all the ROM-building guides I've seen say you're supposed to build as userdebug, there's no issue.

If you're concerned over how "slow" it takes to compile the ROM, it typically takes a few hours to build; at least it has for me, and the guides I've looked at say the same.
  8. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

My concern is that the components are in general bigger in size than the stock roms. It definitely will take up more space, and becomes slower too.
  9. hyperdude

hyperdude New Member

I ran my own stock Gingerbread build for about a week, it ran as fine as any ROM I've used. I'm pretty sure all custom ROMs are built using userdebug (maybe I'm wrong, so sue me). I wouldn't worry over using userdebug as opposed to some other mode, if you were able. Unless you're looking to make a small, underbuilt ROM.