Looking for good Memo app with sync

normbarb

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good memo pad app that will sync with computer memos. Any computer memo app is good, as long as I can type the information using the computer. Thanks, Norm

Mateles

Reaction score
Have you tried GDocs Notepad? It syncs with Google Docs.

I haven't played around with Google Desktop too much, but maybe there's a way to make this work with Docs so you can have it as an app on your PC desktop (if you don't want to do it through the web).

Silver Member
Reaction score
i didn't know about gdocs. i'd gladly ditch color notes for that.

gtasks also syncs with google's task list, but both are pretty limited.

Reaction score
i didn't know about gdocs. i'd gladly ditch color notes for that.

gtasks also syncs with google's task list, but both are pretty limited.

its pretty simple and if you want to edit on the computer or droid your good to go.

OP
normbarb

normbarb

Reaction score
Re: Google Doc - Notepad

Thanks for the quick response. Sounds like exactly what I need. I will give it a try. Norm

mad3963

Reaction score
I just installed GDocs Notepad and GDocs. Both work great.

sudermatt

Reaction score
I actually set up a blog on blogger.com . I use Sidewiki in the browser to quickly drop notes to my blog...then I use blogaway from my android device. many times, its just easier to take a picture and type a few words...than pound out a big long text thing....

Blogaway is amazing...easy picture and video upload to your blog....very very handy.

that's how I keep track of notes.

Oh...I also use talktome ... fantastic!

Phillipsave

Reaction score
I downloaded Gdocs Notepad, as I was going to copy and paste my old multiple passwords from various sources, and sync them with gdocs; but now am a bit nervous entering my gmail account name and password. Are there any security concerns? How do we know that the app can't be hacked, or that evildoers could not gain access?

Phillipsave

Reaction score
OK, I ignored the gdocs and memo apps, for security reasons, and simply entered my memos as individual docs in my gmail documents on my computer. Then I bookmarked the URL on my droid, and created an icon; and bypassed 3rd party apps, which is a positive.

The negative is that I can't alphabetize the results on my Droid. So, I made doc folders A-H, I-K, etc. But, turns out you can't put more than 20 docs in a folder in the Droid. So I created smaller folders, and it works fine.

Reaction score
I downloaded Gdocs Notepad, as I was going to copy and paste my old multiple passwords from various sources, and sync them with gdocs; but now am a bit nervous entering my gmail account name and password. Are there any security concerns? How do we know that the app can't be hacked, or that evildoers could not gain access?

not sure but it hit me one night the above thought and i dumped gdocs changed my password and will live without it.

Houndstooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I downloaded GDocs and I want to use it but I'm a bit uneasy about giving my gmail login/pass.