Looking for good Android Home Theater PC Remote Control

McAlabama

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Hello all, I have been searching for a good Android based Home Theater remote control app. I used to use a program called girder but the app part of it only runs on old Windows Phone devices. I have tried unified remote, remote control collection and win remote but they don't have the power that girder had. The server side of these apps is very limited and doesn't give much power for custom remote controls. I also need the server to integrate with a USBUIRT device. All requirements - custom remotes with keyboard macros, USB-UIRT integration, volume control, Winamp and VLC remote control. Any ideas?

BountyHunter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr
Have you used Vectir PC remote for Android
I am using this as a remote control for my PC and found it to be more flexible than the other remotes mentioned. The remote builder has a GUI and lets you build custom remotes for any program you like (keyboard shortcut commands). The server is compatible with the USB-UIRT. It also has a remote control for VLC, Winamp and system (keyboard, mouse, volume control) "out of the box".

OP
M

McAlabama

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
No I didn't see Vectir remote control. The server side of this looks very promising and I am installing it now. Thank you much for the quick reply :)