Looking for Droid upgrade

t35rk

Reaction score
dezymond said:
I have yet to really read any reviews on the SG3 or see one in person, but I heard it's a pretty darn good device and arguably the best that VZW has to offer right now. The only other phone I'd say it needs to compete with that's Android is the Rezound, that camera is amazing for a cellphone camera.

The SG3 is the top android device and arguably the world's best phone but seems to be to large for the op. That HTC Incredible 4G has the same Snapdragon processor as the SG3 giving it great battery performance, much better than the HTC Rezound. It runs a newer version of Sense, is loaded with ICS out of the box, and has a no shutter lag camera. The Inc 4G > the Rezound and has the smaller form factor that the op is looking for.

OP
Y

Yen

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions. The size may be a moot point now because if I need to get an extended battery for the Lucid, then the phone won't fit in my case anymore, and it just barely fits now. :-( I use a Golla mobile case: a fabric pouch with a velcro-closure on the outer flap, a pocket under that where I keep my ID and other important cards, and a zipper pocket to store money. It's like a wallet that also carries a phone, and I LOVE it. But they carry other sizes that will fit any of these phones.

We go on long bike rides (most of the day) and I enjoy taking pictures then sharing them during the ride. That's hours on the bike, plus camera use, viewing photos, and data usage. At the end of the ride I want to have enough battery life to call for help if we need it + wait for help and still have even more. The Lucid goes from charged to <20% by late afternoon, then takes hours to fully re-charge.

There are some things I like about the Lucid, esp. the fast response. And, strangely, I feel sorta sad about leaving the Droid which was totally dependable for 2+ years. I almost want it back, but the lag whenever I used any app was becoming an issue. :frown:

t35rk

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions. The size may be a moot point now because if I need to get an extended battery for the Lucid, then the phone won't fit in my case anymore, and it just barely fits now. :-( I use a Golla mobile case: a fabric pouch with a velcro-closure on the outer flap, a pocket under that where I keep my ID and other important cards, and a zipper pocket to store money. It's like a wallet that also carries a phone, and I LOVE it. But they carry other sizes that will fit any of these phones.

We go on long bike rides (most of the day) and I enjoy taking pictures then sharing them during the ride. That's hours on the bike, plus camera use, viewing photos, and data usage. At the end of the ride I want to have enough battery life to call for help if we need it + wait for help and still have even more. The Lucid goes from charged to <20% by late afternoon, then takes hours to fully re-charge.

There are some things I like about the Lucid, esp. the fast response. And, strangely, I feel sorta sad about leaving the Droid which was totally dependable for 2+ years. I almost want it back, but the lag whenever I used any app was becoming an issue. :frown:

Spending money on an extended battery for the Lucid is chasing good money after bad money, as it negates one of the few strong points of the Lucid. That being form factor. Why put a bulky battery on a slim device when you can just buy a slim device with already good battery performance. You can spend $40 on the battery for the Lucid or you can cut your losses and spend $35 for the restocking fee and return the Lucid. The Dinc 4G has the battery performance, camera, screen, and form factor that you are after in addition to being an all around nice device.

The Inc 4G will cost you more upfront, but over a two year contract, I would think an extra $5 per month would be worth spending on a phone that you don't want to throw against the wall.

Relex

Reaction score
I pre ordered the galaxy s3 and for the past month or so I'm loving this phone. The battery life is great, the camera is amazing and with an otterbox I couldn't recommend this thing more. Before this phone I had the thunderbolt and when outside on a sunny day sometimes I'd have problems seeing screen but that is not an issue on this phone.... Not to mention the s3 has a beautiful screen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2