Looking for assistance

OP
J

jadams7469

Reaction score
Yep, I can read my SD card on my PC. I will find another ROM to download. Any suggestions?

BigZig

Reaction score
I would try a bunch of them but to start with maybe try Simply Stunning 4.8 or Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.6 have worked for me in the past but its a personal prefrence

OP
J

jadams7469

Reaction score
I tried Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.6. The install went ok and when I reboot it hangs on the Motorola bat.

BigZig

Reaction score
How long did you let it load for? The first boot can take 5 to 10min. Or more sometimes

OP
J

jadams7469

Reaction score
I let it go overnight the second time. Thanks for the advice guys, but I am stuck. I have tried several ROMs now (Simply Stunning, Frozen Yogurt) . Each one indicates successful install from CW but when I reboot, the phone hangs on the Motorola logo. What am I doing wrong?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I have no idea what is causing the issue. You appear to be doing everything correctly (wipe data/cache) this just does not make any sense.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I've had the same happen when I was trying different kernels. ChevyNo1 has ROM's and kernels that install as an update.zip. His work is available on this forum or on the net from his site. Hope you figure it out

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jadam, I do not know if it will make any difference but if you are willing, open RM, scroll to the bottom and tap "flash alternate recovery" (SPR). Boot into recovery, make a backup, then install one of the roms that you have already downloaded.

Mike

OP
J

jadams7469

Reaction score
OK, but I have an update. I was able to get ESE81 (odexed) installed and boot up. I would still like to get updated to FRG22D. Any suggestions on the best way to go about this?

Thanks for all the help so far.

John