Looking for assistance

jadams7469

Reaction score
I am new to the site. I bought a Droid off of eBay to replace one that I dropped in the toilet. After getting it I found out that it was rooted and was running Bugless Beast 1.1. Thats ok, but when Verizon started pushing out the new Version 2.2, it wouldn't download and was killing my battery.

I went to Verizon for help and of course they told me I was on my own cause the warranty was voided due to the phone being rooted. I tried to flash the new bugless beast v0.5 for Froyo 2.2 and was successful up to the point of reboot. The phone turns own and just sits there with the Motorola bat on it.

So, I am looking for any information that I can find that will help me get the phone back up.

John

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Are you able to tell me what recovery system (SPR or ClockWork) is on the phone.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Are you familiar with RM/CW? It should have asked you if you wanted to make a backup and wipe data and cache. Did you make a backup and did you wipe the data and cache before installing BB 5?

OP
J

jadams7469

Reaction score
Yes, I installed Rom Manager this afternoon and made a backup. I wiped the cache and data before the install. The problem that I am finding is that when I boot in recovery mode, the only file type that Clockwork recovery is looking for is a zip. By the way, I looked at my SD card on my PC and the backup I made this PM is there.

BigZig

Reaction score
Welcome, when you enter CW you should see tab that says nandroid and when you click that you should see the options to backup or restore just select restore and then you should see a file with the date and time the back up was made select the one that you want and it should restore it for you

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not the best with RM/CW but I believe that the option to install from the SD card requires an update.zip. If, however, you use the install new rom (I think that is the selection or something very close) RM will download the rom and install for you.

Did you use the update.zip to install BB? If so, I wonder if the download was corrupt. Check the size of the file you downloaded and make sure that is what the download site has. If they are different then redownload and reinstall

OP
J

jadams7469

Reaction score
Yes, thats what I thought too. Except, when I select Restore or Advanced Restore, I get the message "No files found". I am not feeling too good about my situation

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mount the phone and look for a file Clockworkmod. CW stores it's backups there.

BigZig

Reaction score
I found using RM while being the "short way" not always the best if I where you I would try to download a different rom on your cpu mount your sd card transfer the file to your sd card unmount your sd card reboot into recovery and wipe data and cache 3 times the select install .zip from sd card option and install it that way.

BigZig

Reaction score
^ yes this is what I was talking about.

Do you have an sd card reader on you cpu?