looking for another app like Screebl

sarreq

Reaction score
since Screebl has been draining batteries and it seems like it's been abandoned by its developer, does anyone know of an alternate app which does the same thing?

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Screebl controls power saving on your device??

You don't need this type of app on gingerbread... it always runs in the background and uses more battery than it saves . The droid 3 already has built in battery management features...

Get used to the new android features out there
We don't need all these bandaid apps anymore...

OP
sarreq

sarreq

Reaction score
no, Screebl takes over the screen timeout so that as long as you're using your phone it stays on, but once you put it down, it'll shut off. almost instantly, if set that way. I've not found anything else which does this.

from it's market description "Screebl controls power saving features based on orientation. Never have the screen turn off again while using your phone, and SAVE BATTERY too!"

unfortunately, it's started sucking down power, and it doesn't seem like the dev is interested anymore.

OP
sarreq

sarreq

Reaction score
I'm not looking for it as a power saving measure, but for it's in-use screen management.

OP
sarreq

sarreq

Reaction score
so i guess I'm not the only one who can't find anything... :'(

RichSmithSWM

Reaction score
I may be wrong about this but it could be a reporting problem and not a Screebl problem. I notice that I have no display useage reported whatsoever on my Bionic. I think, since Screebl is keeping the display on, that it is being reported instead of the display. Just a guess.

muscles007

Reaction score
I was using screebl also and it was sucking the life out of my battery. Try screen time out, that what I'm using. It lets you set the amount of time to keep your screen on. There's also an app called keep screen does the same. Good luck.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I can also verify that Screeble will destroy battery life. I used it on my Droid for 2 years no problem so naturally when I upgraded I was going to use it again.

First day with my handset I didn't install it (didn't auto install) second day installed it and noticed severe battery drain and EXTREMELY high OS %'s (35-75%)

Screebl is terrible and it does not play nice with newer Motorola devices on Gingerbread for some reason.

Sent from Droid RAZR

felixtibs

Reaction score
I have Screebl on my bionic and it works great! I still get 6-8 hours with use

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

keyesdav

Reaction score
Take a look at the beta

I may be wrong about this but it could be a reporting problem and not a Screebl problem. I notice that I have no display useage reported whatsoever on my Bionic. I think, since Screebl is keeping the display on, that it is being reported instead of the display. Just a guess.

For those of you that might still be interested, I've gotten around to working on a complete re-write of Screebl that deals with some of the performance and battery usage issues that some users saw in older versions. There's a free beta available on the Android Market. I just ask that you give me feedback on your experience with the app (good or bad).

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.keyes.screebl.beta

Dave