Looking for an app similar to My Tracks

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Tracks seems actually to be just what I want as far as functionality but on a ride today, the first time I've used it, I got home and find that it broke up the ride into pieces. Even though I stopped recording at the back of our loop and started another when we left to come back, it took each leg and broke it up. I guess it would be no big deal but on Google Maps the trace on the map itself was incomplete because the it put a leg of the trip on another page.

You can see what I mean HERE

So I call on all your experience for a better app like this one. Ideally along with tracking my rides correctly, it would be cool to be able to tag places on the route with pics taken with the camera (I got that from my buddy who has a similar app on his iPhone).
His looks correct with THIS

Thanks!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The camera app can tag your photos with GPS data. Placing the photos would require some sort of solution though. I wouldn't expect a tracking app to also handle photos but it might be a possibility.

I'm surprised that My Tracks doesn't have a pause which would prevent breaking up the track. Every time you stop in My Tracks you're creating a new track.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
The camera app can tag your photos with GPS data. Placing the photos would require some sort of solution though. I wouldn't expect a tracking app to also handle photos but it might be a possibility.

I'm surprised that My Tracks doesn't have a pause which would prevent breaking up the track. Every time you stop in My Tracks you're creating a new track.

That's weird because with the exception of red lights, we didn't stop at those points where it broke it up.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

That's weird because with the exception of red lights, we didn't stop at those points where it broke it up.

Try journey tracker from app store.. I just started using it so not that familiar with it yet.. but everything I tried seems to be working nicely.

toddegreene

Reaction score
Try Maverick Pro from the marketplace. I haven't used it since it started snowing and don't remember exactly how it works, but it may work better.