Looking for an android app that ..

Wintrmte

Reaction score
All,

I am a new motorola droid user and a friend of mine came up with a great idea that I'm sure there's an application for, I just can't find it.

We both use Google Voice for SMS and what would be cool is if there were an app that could do different notifications (audible or vibration) based on who an email is from (that's how Google Voice sends its SMS messages).

For example, if I get an email from [email protected], then I want to do 3 short vibrations. If I get a message from [email protected], I want to do one long vibration.

Anyone know of an app like that?

Thanks!

OP
W

Wintrmte

Reaction score
Handcent allows for customization.

Thanks for the reply.

I checked out Handcent, but I think what I am after is more of a customized notification based on a sender of an email. I mentioned the Google Voice SMS functionality because that's what I am currently using, but wheN I receive an SMS to my Google Voice number, it emails me the SMS message, but the from address is from the mobile number that sent the SMS to me.

So what I was hoping was really to find an app that would do custom notifications based on sender email address. Not sure if Handcent does that though?