Looking for a workout arm band..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Reading one of the really thorough reviews on Amazon for that Fitbit I am torn between that and the Jawbone UP. From what the guy said the Fitbit feels more comfortable, especially when typing on a keyboard.

The UP was better at tracking sleep, registered far less wake ups than the Fitbit did.

However, downside of the Fitbit were that water gets inside the band and starts to smell bad after awhile. There are those with the UP that are complaining the batteries died on them really early though, which is a downside.

Let us know how you like that thing after a week or so, another great Dez write up may be in order.
I did some pretty extensive research on the two myself, as well as the Nike Fuelband, and I think the FitBit was better for me. I'm no exercise junky, I'm just looking to make healthier choices and after one day of using it I can say I did make some healthier choices yesterday compared to what I would normally do. I'm by no means unfit, I just know I can be more fit and live healthier. So far (again this is just one day) I find it to be fairly accurate. I counted my steps many times yesterday, synced the device and it turned out to be accurate, some missing by one or two steps, but that's expected in a pedometer that is attached to your wrist.

As for the sleep tracker, I'm not putting much belief into the quality of sleep I get from a wrist tracker. I personally believe that the only true way to measure quality of sleep is by attaching some device to your head as to track your brain activity, not your wrist activity. I'm using the sleep tracker to average out how many hours of sleep I usually get. Again, that's just my opinion on that feature of the device.

Logging food is easy, but some of the foods I eat aren't listed as alot are home made and I'm not willing to be a "calorie counter" either, but I'm trying at least.

I'll post up a review of it. If I forget remind me Sydman:D