Looking for a Star Trek themed "car dock" kind of app:

Pilot145

Reaction score
My kids, God love 'em, are big Trekies (even moreso than the old man). They'd like to find an app that's sort of like the car dock, where it pulls up a little menu, and lets you select a simulated control of raising shields, firing phasers, engaging cloaking devices, etc.

Hey, if it keeps 'em busy while I'm driving, why not?

Any ideas out there? I've found ringtones and wallpapers, but nothing interactive.

RVdroid

Reaction score
Well I don't know of anything that works like a "car dock" with a star trek themed skin but, there is an app called "tricorder". It's a gyrometer, sound level meter, compass, wireless signal meter, solar flare activity monitor, and it has a clock set up to look like a star date. All of the functions actually do work in a half baked sort of way and some have alternate modes. The Grav.-(gyro) and Mag.-(?) you have to hit scan to make them operate.

So, I know it's not what you're really looking for but it may keep the young ones entertained for a bit, it even entertains me for a few minutes every now and again. Just search the market for Tricorder you can't miss it.

And yes, I am a Star Trek nerd.

Last edited: