Looking for a simple repeating alarm.

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by chomorro, Feb 27, 2010.

1. chomorro

chomorro New Member

There are tons of alarm clock apps in the market but i just need my alarm to do one thing. Go off every 2 hours after i turn it on. I cannot figure out how to do that on the stock alarm app, if its even possible.

Anyone come across an app that i can set to go off every what ever amount of time during the day?

Thanks
  2. blackjoker4215

blackjoker4215 New Member

Easy to do with the stock alarm clock, but will take a little bit. You'll have to make an alarm for every second hour and have it repeat every day.
  3. chomorro

chomorro New Member

^^ I thought of doing it that way but my start times vary depending on what tine I get up and eat. I might be able to do it with a stop watch app that had a count down feature that can run in the background.
  4. LassieGal

LassieGal New Member

I use Touch Timer. You can set it for hours, minutes, and/or seconds. Very simple to use and you can have anything you like for the alarm sound. I'm using the "time to get up, sir" soundbyte from The Andromeda Strain.
  5. slayda

slayda New Member

If you had a clock that would allow you a 2 hour snooze, that should work but I don't know of one.
  6. muel87

muel87 New Member

I'm looking for the same thing. Its so simple its mind boggling, yet with God knows how many apps out there I haven't seen a simple reminder app. I don't want to set it for a specific day or hour, I just want something that vibrates (once!) That I don't have to turn off, every 5,10,20 minutes or whatever I say forever until I turn it off, then again When I turn it back on. How hard is it to make my own? Sorry, very frustrated that I can't find something so simple.
  7. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Interesting. Is this a diabetes thing? Parking meter thing? Or like my young son, a thing to remember to go pee?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. chomorro

chomorro New Member

Well for me its a health thing, i need an alarm to go off every two hours so i can eat :). But i use Count Down Alarm App, and just set it for two hours and click go. Works perfect.
  9. muel87

muel87 New Member

I need it as a motivational tool. They sell timers that vibrate every set amount of time to remind you to get to work, change your thoughts, or whatever habit you are trying to implement/break. I need something I dont have to reset or acknowledge, just something that vibrates once and keeps going.
  10. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump a two year old thread, but I figured I'd ask and see if anyone has found anything yet?
  11. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Active Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Use a countdown timer that can repeat. HTC has one in the stock clock app.

This post is Incredible 2
  12. k1ngr4t

Guess it's not on the Rezound, can't find a way to make it repeat. I can't believe something so simple is so difficult to find!
  13. christypea

christypea New Member

I just came from my first physical therapy appointment and was looking for a similar app. I need to get up every two hours and do a back exercise. I am trying an app called Calendar Snooze. I made a calendar entry called Exercises for when I wanted it to go off the first time, and I plan to snooze it every time it goes off. I've already verified that I can snooze it for two hours. So far so good, so I thought I would share.
  14. k1ngr4t

Interesting. Is it a separate calendar within the app? And so you set it at, say, 2pm, and tell it to go off at 4, and then set snooze for 2 hours and hit it when the phone goes off, yes?

If I got that correct then please keep us (or at least me) updated on how consistently it works. As a LMT I'm looking for something I can recommend to clients to help them remember to do certain stretches, adjust posture, use ice or heat etc etc. Same idea as your PT so please let me know!
  15. christypea

christypea New Member

It isn't its own calendar. It's just an add-on to the Google calendar app that gives you better snooze options instead of just 10 minutes. So far it's working pretty well. This morning after I got settled in at my desk i created an event in my Google calendar for two hours from then. In that calendar event I set one reminder 0 minutes before the event and will snooze the notification for two hours when it goes off. I did this yesterday and was able to keep snoozing the same event for two hours each time.

It's a little silly to have to make a dummy event on my calendar each day but this gets me the behavior I want so oh well!

Hope that helps!
  16. rsholmes

rsholmes New Member

I was looking for something along these lines myself (I need a reminder to do some stretches my physical therapist recommended every 3 hours) and eventually figured out the magic Google string: 'medicine reminder app android'. There are several apps designed to remind people to take their medicines; not exactly my situation but close enough. A couple of recent reviews at 3 Free Android Apps That Help To Remind You To Take Pills On Time and There's an App for That! A Review of Medication Reminders - 22-Mar-12: InfoSheets and Tools Pharmacy tips article: contact Ying Tang Ng. I haven't tried any yet but I'm going to start with AnyTimer.
  17. k1ngr4t

Finally!! I knew they had to be out there somewhere...

Please let us know what you think of AnyTimer or any others you try!
  18. rsholmes

rsholmes New Member

AnyTimer works for me so far. I don't demand much of it, just one alarm five times a day, so I can't say much about its capabilities, but it does seem to do that just fine.
  19. whotheheck

whotheheck New Member

Was looking for the same thing which landed me at this thread, but I eventually came across Minute Manager which lets you set a repeating or non repeating reminder in X minutes/hours. Only thing it doesn't do is let you specify the exact time, it just counts up from the time you set it.
  20. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

I use alarm clock pro ..
Search tags for this page
alarm app to go off every hour

alarm every 2 hours

alarm every 3 hours

alarm that goes off every hour

android alarm every 2 hours

android alarm every 8 hours

android alarm every hour

android app alarm every 3 hours