Looking for a rom that...

RedTarget

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Rom/Kernel combination that has working WiFi and Inductive charging capabilities. Preferably i'd like it to be on Gingerbread and have Sense... but at this point I'm willing to try anything to get it working (except going back to stock).

All of this started when I picked up the inductive charge mat + backplate deal from Verizon. I had been running Liquid Gingersense 1.3 and loved it. Well, the inductive charging didn't work so I went in search of a solution. Upgraded to Gingersense 1.6 and found that it was more or less a kernel related issue that was preventing inductive charging from working. So I flashed the latest Dream kernel, Lean Kernel and finally settled on the planejane kernel from imoseyon which let the inductive charging to work.

Unfortunately it appears that using any of the above kernels results in my WiFi no longer connecting. The access points are being found but are unable to pull an IP. Thinking it may be the fault of my access points I have tried the ones at work and at a neighbors... none of which have worked.

Does anyone have any insight on this? I'd really like to be able to use both features and not have to pick and choose. Especially since I just purchased the charger (backplate was free).

Thanks

OP
R

RedTarget

Reaction score
I have yet to try any other roms, but am not opposed to doing so. I was hoping someone may have already been through this situation. However, I will give it a shot and report back with my results.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
R

RedTarget

Reaction score
Ok I have tried the 3D Gingeritis as well as Gingeritis 1.2.1. Both of which let me use Wifi again but the ability to use the inductive charge pad is gone again. I gave the latest version of BAMF_Sense3_RC4.9 and Wifi is working while I get an exclamation mark over the battery when I put the phone on the charge pad. I left it there for a few minutes and it appears that it is charging... however it worries me. Will it stop charging when required, or will it endlessly charge it until I take it off of the pad?

The quest continues....

Edit: I must add that when the exclamation mark is over the battery indicator, the charge LED is not showing on the phone.

Last edited:

teknotronik

Reaction score
Ok I have tried the 3D Gingeritis as well as Gingeritis 1.2.1. Both of which let me use Wifi again but the ability to use the inductive charge pad is gone again. I gave the latest version of BAMF_Sense3_RC4.9 and Wifi is working while I get an exclamation mark over the battery when I put the phone on the charge pad. I left it there for a few minutes and it appears that it is charging... however it worries me. Will it stop charging when required, or will it endlessly charge it until I take it off of the pad?

The quest continues....

Edit: I must add that when the exclamation mark is over the battery indicator, the charge LED is not showing on the phone.

I would test it with a standard wall charger. (To check the battery percent while charging it.

OP
R

RedTarget

Reaction score
When using the wall charger it seems to be working normally. As of now I restored back to Liquid Gingersense 1.6, using the ginger jane kernel, and I'm able to use the charge mat at the cost of losing WiFi. It definitely seems to be a mixture of a Rom/Kernel issue at the moment.

I'm sure this is a very rare situation as many people probably have no need for the inductive charger. Personally, my wife will be having our first child any day now and I'm trying to get rid of any "loose" cables. This was one of my attempts at removing a few charging cables that do not plug into a base and just lay free. Doing this I can eliminate a few of those while keeping the majority of our cables out of the way and make a safer environment.

If I really have to, i'll switch back to Froyo... stock if I have to. For some reason this is one situation where the stock VZW Froyo rom works better than any of the modded roms.:icon_eek: It's very hard to believe, but at the moment it is true.

jermny

Reaction score
Have you had any luck with this? I'm in the same boat and I'm looking for answers as well.

OP
R

RedTarget

Reaction score
No such luck. I wish I knew how to edit kernels as I'm sure there should be a way to do this.

The stock kernel let's me use the inductive charger. Any modded kernel allows me to use WiFi. There has to be a few lines of code that need added to one or the other that would make both work at the same time.

OP
R

RedTarget

Reaction score
Found one! BAMF Forever 1.4 works!

Inductive charging and WiFi works without the need to swap kernels back and forth! On top of that it has been smooth and glitch free for me so far.