1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Looking for a nice Stock ROM

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by SwiftLegend, Feb 20, 2011.

1. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

Well, looks like my Droid is starting to die, just in time for the Thunderbolt release. Until then, I'm looking for a stock rom. Maybe one that I can add a small theme to or something.
    Sourcery is on my phone now, but lately, I've been getting a lot of random reboots and have had to battery pull a few times. I'll check my phone in class, and see that my phone is just rebooting and rebooting without me doing anything.

I heard CM7 is pretty good, but I haven't seen any official releases from Cyan so if anyone could clarify it'd be great. (Haven't been watching the recent developments or anything) Also saw Pete's new Gingerbread rom, and I'm leaning towards that since I have't really played with GB yet.

Any help is appreciated, just hoping my phone lasts til the Thunderbolt arrives!
  2. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

Id recommend you try the new liquid gb rom.

I went from bugless beast to peters new gpa11 and I wasn't impressed with the gpa11. It was still a little buggy and laggy even with 1gz overclock, not up to par with his bugless beast roms.

The lgb rom is great. Alot smoother than gpa11 and haven't had any crashes or anything. Only thing that doesn't seem to be working are the themes, but I think he's working on it.

I haven't used cm7 histrionic cause I don't think its quite ready yet.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. Biggdogg76

Biggdogg76 New Member

Project Elite has a stock ROM PE4.2 Vanilla that is pretty darn good. I am using PEv4.2 with Gingerbread parts and me and my Droid love it. I am actually going to try the Vanilla version which I believe is stock just to see what stock is like again and to test the battery life.
  4. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

@Bigg, I tried PE4.2 and didnt like it :p Thanks anways
    @Art, thanks for the recommendation. Gonna try CM7 and Pete's GB rom tonight when I get home. Awesome name BTW!
  5. Biggdogg76

Biggdogg76 New Member

I meant the Vanilla ROM not the one with Gingerbread. If you tried the Vanilla then maybe Petes new stock ROM is the best choice . His ROMs are always stable and fast. I think his stock ROM is on version GPA12 and can be downloaded from his site. I know Pete recommends downloading from his site so he can keep track of the number of downloads. I would post a link to his site but I'm not sure how to do it. Let us know how you make out.
  6. Vandy343

Vandy343 New Member

Steel droid damn near stock, metickmod also damn near stock

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk