Looking for a News/Weather App

mgeringer

Reaction score
How is it going,

I picked up my 'rental' RAZR last week as my OG was on its last leg and wasn't always allowing me to accept calls. In moving, I ran into an issue.

The native RAZR news application (in my opinion) SUCKS. I loved how the OG Droid News/Weather gave a few headlines in the topics (Sports, US, Worldwide, Entertainment, Science/Tech, Etc.) you chose, from a variety of news sources. Setting up the RAZR app to pull from just specific websites (which then gives you every article about whatever topic you chose) is a pain and is just too specific.

Is there an app on the market that is comparable to the OG News/Weather Application? Is there an .apk on the internet somewhere that will allow me to install the OG News/Weather?

Thanks for your help

Gogglestke

Reaction score
I agree

I love my razr but hate the news widget. I loved the one on my droid2 any way to get on similar to that? I've never rooted or done anything like that.

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I just got my Razr today and I really miss the google news and weather widget.....

Anyone able to find it and install it on a RAZR ???

Abby Normal

Reaction score

breedingh8

Reaction score
How is it going,

I picked up my 'rental' RAZR last week as my OG was on its last leg and wasn't always allowing me to accept calls. In moving, I ran into an issue.

The native RAZR news application (in my opinion) SUCKS. I loved how the OG Droid News/Weather gave a few headlines in the topics (Sports, US, Worldwide, Entertainment, Science/Tech, Etc.) you chose, from a variety of news sources. Setting up the RAZR app to pull from just specific websites (which then gives you every article about whatever topic you chose) is a pain and is just too specific.

Is there an app on the market that is comparable to the OG News/Weather Application? Is there an .apk on the internet somewhere that will allow me to install the OG News/Weather?

Thanks for your help

I use beautiful widgets ..

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

shaggykid

Reaction score
My Razr is right out of the box as of 3:30 today, will the info on this link work or do I have to root ...

if the above works is it possible to give me step by step on this please, too new to understand what is implied in that link....

⒜⒧⒧ ⒴⒪⒰ ⒩⒠⒠⒟ ⒯⒪ ⒟⒪ ⒤⒮ ⒟⒪⒲⒩⒧⒪⒜⒟ ⒯⒣⒠ ⒜⒫⒦ ⒜⒩⒟ ⒯⒣⒠⒩ ⒜⒟⒟ ⒯⒣⒠ ⒲⒤⒟⒢⒠⒯. ⒯⒣⒠ ⒪⒯⒣⒠⒭ ⒮⒯⒠⒫⒮ ⒤⒮ ⒡⒪⒭ ⒞⒰⒮⒯⒪⒨ ⒩⒠⒲⒮ ⒜⒩⒟ such

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Nicky

Reaction score
⒜⒧⒧ ⒴⒪⒰ ⒩⒠⒠⒟ ⒯⒪ ⒟⒪ ⒤⒮ ⒟⒪⒲⒩⒧⒪⒜⒟ ⒯⒣⒠ ⒜⒫⒦ ⒜⒩⒟ ⒯⒣⒠⒩ ⒜⒟⒟ ⒯⒣⒠ ⒲⒤⒟⒢⒠⒯. ⒯⒣⒠ ⒪⒯⒣⒠⒭ ⒮⒯⒠⒫⒮ ⒤⒮ ⒡⒪⒭ ⒞⒰⒮⒯⒪⒨ ⒩⒠⒲⒮ ⒜⒩⒟ such

Scanned the qrcode from the link and bam got the og news and weather app on my new razr maxx, sweet! Thanks guys!

Redbeaver

Reaction score
Google Weather and News come standard with my Canadian Razr..... lovin it.....

Zandar

Reaction score
I don't know about a news feed, but I love the Weather Channel's app because it will put the weather in the notification pane and give you a nice, subtle temperature in the notification bar.