Looking for a new keyboard

xSZYDx

Reaction score
Opinions?

Right now I'm running the HTC IME mod keyboard for the sheer looks of it.. but the responsiveness sucks.

I need a real quick responsive and sexy looking keyboard haha

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would suggest the Multi-Touch Keyboard from the droid 2 - I believe you have to be rooted to install it though

OP
xSZYDx

xSZYDx

Reaction score
I would suggest the Multi-Touch Keyboard from the droid 2 - I believe you have to be rooted to install it though

I am rooted. Running CM 6. Do you have an apk file for it it know where I can find it?

OP
xSZYDx

xSZYDx

Reaction score
The mt keyboard is okay. Not as fast as I thought it would be..and not as visually appealing.

Any other suggestions?

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I just downloaded ultra keyboard from the market and it seems pretty sweet so far... the best of both worlds for me because I like swype but when I need to type the letters in... swype kinda sucks whereas the DX stock keyboard is nice...

So this ultra keyboard allows all the things that are important to me, including customizing the layout and view so I have numbers in view while able to trace or type with ease.
Its $2.49 or something in the market but so far seems totally worth it.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
xSZYDx

xSZYDx

Reaction score
I just downloaded ultra keyboard from the market and it seems pretty sweet so far... the best of both worlds for me because I like swype but when I need to type the letters in... swype kinda sucks whereas the DX stock keyboard is nice...

So this ultra keyboard allows all the things that are important to me, including customizing the layout and view so I have numbers in view while able to trace or type with ease.
Its $2.49 or something in the market but so far seems totally worth it.

Sent from my DROIDX

How has the responsiveness been? Fast, slow? I need something very intuitive and responsive.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I would agree with the "ultra keyboard" above and "smart keyboard pro"...Ultra has several settings - there is a trial I believe that you can give it a whirl before you commit - however, I think you will be very pleased...It is also skinnable - there are a few already in the full version but it also allows you to customize / create your own...

OP
xSZYDx

xSZYDx

Reaction score
I would agree with the "ultra keyboard" above and "smart keyboard pro"...Ultra has several settings - there is a trial I believe that you can give it a whirl before you commit - however, I think you will be very pleased...It is also skinnable - there are a few already in the full version but it also allows you to customize / create your own...

I ended up downloading the trial versions of both Ultra and Smart. I am liking Ultra because of the swipe feature..plus it is very accurate. I may purchase the full version after these 24 hours =]

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

I ended up downloading the trial versions of both Ultra and Smart. I am liking Ultra because of the swipe feature..plus it is very accurate. I may purchase the full version after these 24 hours =]

It is almost the only keyboard I use right now...before it was Smart Pro LOL...so I had to toss it out there...yes, I was able to adapt to Ultra faster than "swype" but I also love the scrolling toolbar across the top...good luck!!

Sparkimus

Reaction score
I've been using Ultra Keyboard exclusively for over a month now. I've tried a few others, but Ultra has every option you could want. I'm still finding new things I can do with it.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been using Swiftkey since it was in beta, and love it! It is a Predicting keyboard, and I think it works great once it gets used to your typing pattern. It is very good at predicting what you want to say. When the beta was finished they offered it at a promo price of $1 (which I bought), but now it looks like it is $3.99. They also have a trial but not sure how long it is.