Looking for a new Droid Phone

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I started out with the Motorola Droid 1 when it first came out. I had many issues with the phone (you can see from my posting history) and ended up with a Droid 2 as the most recent replacement. It definitely is not as buggy but now my hard keyboard is doubling letters. "This wwould be an example off a ttext from my drroid." So is this a hardware or software issue? This is the only problem so far, and it was actually happening on the last Droid 1 I had as well.

I'm eligible for my upgrade and would like some feedback on a good alternate phone. Features I like most are the hard keyboard (I never use the screen keyboard), display, GPS car dock, I have a multimedia dock at home, ease of email...I'm not big on change and like the feel of the Motorola so if people have had a good experience with other Motorolas or other phones I would enjoy hearing about it.

I am not exactly a power user either. I am around teenagers who never seem to put their phones down. I might have 10 texts a day and read some emails but don't write too many on the phone itself. It's confusing why I've had so many issues, but it is what it is.

neoj2

Reaction score
Well it just comes down to personal use. Me im looking at 3 phones that ive had my eye for some time now just reading about phones and their processing power because thats what i need, speed. im tired of laginess when i download too many games and apps which forces me to get rid of some :(. Also i want my phone to not become obsolete (no gingerbread for the D1) in a few months not being able to get the new firmware while everyone else does. my upgrade is in july so here is what i came up with.
since you like motorola i would be looking at the droid 3 it has everything from d1 with some extras as its own row of number keys. its fast with dual core processor but the only downside is no 4g if thats not a problem. not a problem to me as 3g is just fine. im always around wifi and i hear 4g kills your battery. here is a link for some home work. Motorola Droid 3 Specs Start Leaking Out | Motorola Droid 3

second phone was one that i had been watching from the beginning of the year called the droid bionic. this phone was originally the targa but there were problems with the original bionic so it got scraped and the targa is now the bionic. I cant find any confirmation as its still a bit early but usually the rumors are true.this phone has no keyboard but this phone is a beast with dual core processor as well only this has 4g. here is some news on it Motorola Droid Bionic – An Overview ( Specs, Q2 Release Date )

third is the samsung galaxy s2 know as the samsung function for verizon. this nice looking phone has an awesome looking screen at any angle and has a 1.2 dual core processor and 1024mb of ram also 4g no keyboard as well. just to give ya comparison the Droid 1 has 274mb so in that you can see there is a ton of space for apps and games :). here is a video Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

all these phone are coming out shortly so id wait to check these phones out as my D1 is still holding strong. here is a side by side on all three Compare phones: Motorola DROID BIONIC, Samsung Function, Motorola DROID 3 - Phone Arena
happy phone hunting!

OP
DroidGurl

DroidGurl

Reaction score
Thanks! Actually the physical keyboard is such an issue now (it's gotten much, much worse) that I'm getting a Droid 2 Global as a replacement. Hopefully that will hold me over for a while longer.

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I looked at the page comparing the Samsung and two motorola phones, one thing I noticed under GPS was the type. A Sat and S Sat.

Can anyone explain the difference? Or is there one?