Looking for a new case

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Hey everyone i just got the s4 two days ago and also bought the otterbox defender with it. And already i'm getting annoyed because of the dust collecting under the screen protector. I have been reading a lot from you guys talking about the urban armor cases but i did not see anywhere saying they have a belt clip with them. I use the belt clip for work daily and cant see my self not using one. So my first question is has anyone taken the built in screen protector off of there otterbox defender case and if so what are your thoughts on that. Second does urban armor have a belt clip holster? and lastly what stylish and well build cases have you found that have a belt clip with it? Please let me know guys thanks for accepting into the s4 world lol:hail:haha

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have a friend with the Note 3 and uses the OtterBox case. He removed the built in screen protector for the same reason and used a screen protector you apply yourself instead. Considering the amount of protection the case itself provides to the front without the OtterBox protector, he wasn't too concerned about cracks.

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I have a friend with the Note 3 and uses the OtterBox case. He removed the built in screen protector for the same reason and used a screen protector you apply yourself instead. Considering the amount of protection the case itself provides to the front without the OtterBox protector, he wasn't too concerned about cracks.

Ya that's what I am thinking. The only thing that I am worried about with doing this is that it might make the front flimsy because of the screen protector not being there did he notice a different with the fit of the frame on the front?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ya that's what I am thinking. The only thing that I am worried about with doing this is that it might make the front flimsy because of the screen protector not being there did he notice a different with the fit of the frame on the front?
Don't know, only glanced at it and I mentioned something along the lines of "isn't that supposed to have a front protector?".

Doesn't hurt to try it imo.

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
anyone else have an opinion on cases that have a holster?

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Seido Surface case and holster. I've been using them for years on my iphone's.....now that I'm switching to the S4, I've already ordered the Surface combo for it as well. SEIDIO | Cases & Holsters for Samsung GALAXY S4

Glad to hear that you decided to get the s4. Also I will need to look into getting that case. Does anyone know if their urban armor case works with a holster?

ms4teacher

Reaction score
I had the defender the same day I bought the S4. After 5 months I became annoyed with the added "bulkiness".And like other users have posted the dust added to my frustration. Moreover, some of the proximity functions weren't working as they should. After I talked with a friend, who returned his S4, no idea why, he sold me three different covers. I went ahead and bought a Zagg screen protector just for the screen and used the S4 magnetic cover with the window. Needless to say my phone has the sleek feel, not the cumbersome one, and I slide it into my pocket with ease. At one point, the holster was a must for me,but now the phone feels much more natural in my hand. Just one man's opinion...

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I had the defender the same day I bought the S4. After 5 months I became annoyed with the added "bulkiness".And like other users have posted the dust added to my frustration. Moreover, some of the proximity functions weren't working as they should. After I talked with a friend, who returned his S4, no idea why, he sold me three different covers. I went ahead and bought a Zagg screen protector just for the screen and used the S4 magnetic cover with the window. Needless to say my phone has the sleek feel, not the cumbersome one, and I slide it into my pocket with ease. At one point, the holster was a must for me,but now the phone feels much more natural in my hand. Just one man's opinion...

Ya I hear ya as with when I had my Droid maxx I grew annoyed by the OtterBox but when going from that to the S4 in the otter box it seems so much smaller. Last night I did take the otter box screen protector off and so far am liking it but still want the uag case

Dweib

Reaction score