Looking for a kernal...

OP
G

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Yea i just found out the hard way that not all kernals work with all roms... Kinda figured as much but i had to try

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
We've all tried things that we should not have. My best advice anytime you make a change to the OS (new rom, theme or kernel) make a backup with SPR or CW first. A solid backup can save you hours of work and frustration.

Mike

OP
G

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Yea I am backed up several times over (paranoid) And im basically just trying to find an ULV kernal to work with virtuous but the chevy 1.25 UVL was a no go (got stuck at the HTC Incredible screen)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid so my options and rom are different, I think. I've tried several roms and have always had great success with Chevy's kernels. I hope you find a good combination.

OP
G

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Im actually gonna try the p3droid low voltage 125 starting ones... If the kernal doesnt work can i just reflash a new one over it without recovering first?

OP
G

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Im not gonna start until i figure out if i can flash a new kernal over one that doesnt work because im lazy and i don't want to recover everytime

OP
G

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Well im gonna dump a bunch of different kernals on my phone and just try flashing one after another till i find one that works. Now that i think about it i cant imagine flashing a new kernal over a good one that just didnt work shouldnt be a bad idea at all

OP
G

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Ok well now all kernels get stuck on the initial screen and i dont know why... A kernal shouldnt require longer to boot up right?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
It does not on my Droid. Not sure about the Incredible

OP
G

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Well i think giving it 5 minutes to boot is more then enough time either way... No success on multiple chevy and p3droid kernels
Edit: Just realized my battery is around 65% ill do a recovery and see what happens and probably try more tomorrow