Looking for a handlebar mount for the Commando

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by AirJunky, Jan 3, 2012.

1. AirJunky

AirJunky New Member

Haven't seen the Commando mounted to a bike handlebar yet & thought I'd ask if anyone has done it.

Best option I can find is the Arkon Handlebar Mount with Water Resistant Holder

View attachment 45293

Our company owns a dozen or so of these phones & we've had 2 break from getting wet. So this kind of holder is pretty appealing on a dual sport motorcycle.... secure on a bumpy ride & truly rainproof. But I'm concerned that the phone might not fit inside the pouch. All the reviews I've found say the Droid X either doesn't fit or is very tight. As I recall the Commando is a bit shorter & wider than the Droid X so it should be good..... I hope.
  2. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

I'd check with RAM Mount. Most durable mounts available IMO.
  3. AirJunky

AirJunky New Member

Thanks for the suggestion.

Rams cell phone wizard has two suggestions, the X-grip (which leaves the phone exposed to the elements) & the medium sized Aquabox, which looks like a plastic, lockable box on their ball mount. Looks tough, but a bit more spendy & the I'd still have the same concerns about the phone fitting, touchscreen functionality, etc.

[​IMG]

Found it listed by Moose Racing on Ebay..... but almost $60.

View attachment 45296
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  4. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

Yeah, I was going to tell you to shop around. Their main site is great for finding all their products, but you can get the stuff much cheaper from resellers.
  5. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Check out this thread on the TB forums that I posted. My posting is the #6 at the bottom of the page: New RAM Mount Universal X-Grip Phone Cradle

I just installed this mount on Dec. 29 and worked great when I rode on Saturday and Sunday in the bitter cold. No way was it going to go anywhere and it really would work with my Thunderbolt extended battery in it which is nice too.
  6. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

+1 on ram mounts. use on my cruiser and works great. can't speak to the fitament of the water resistant cases but I've only found top notch quality from their gear.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  7. AirJunky

AirJunky New Member

Thanks again guys. I found a picture of the Aquabox on a KLR650, which is the bike I ride.

As you can see the thing is pretty big.

View attachment 45301

Another thing that occurs to me is the the legality of using a phone on a bike. I'll probably only use it to monitor Google Maps or any calls coming my way, but I don't really feel the need to advertise to Johnny Law that I have a phone on the bike.

Thinkin that I am gonna cheap out & try the Arkon mount for almost 1/3rd of the cost. I found lots of good reviews of it online. And it seems like it'll be substantially smaller & easier to hide on the bike.
  8. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I used a different mount before getting the new one last week. I always used either Google Maps for directions home from wherever the road took me that day, using C-Geo for geocaching (uses Google maps too), or CarHome Ultra, which gives me the direction I'm going, my speed and the weather forecast and current temperature. Yes it's a cell phone but doubt a cop passing by is going to think it's a phone and not a GPS unit.

Off topic: Does anyone besides me notice that if you use a program like CarHome Ultra that your speedometer speed is about 10% faster than the GPS program (CarHome)?
  9. AirJunky

AirJunky New Member

Got the Arkon holder today & got it mounted on the bike. Seems very secure, easy to get the phone in & out. The touch screen is slightly less responsive thru the cover but still works. Music thru the bluetooth headset in the helmet is great. Cell phone conversation works up to 45 mph before it gets too noisy for the other party to hear me very well.
    The biggest issue is waking the phone up thru the case if I want to initiate something.

View attachment 45671

View attachment 45670
Search tags for this page

bike mount for casio commando

casio commando bike mount

casio commando handlebar mount

casio commando motorcycle mount

casio commando mount
casio g'zone bike mount

casio g'zone commando bike mount

casio g'zone commando handlebar mount

casio g'zone commando motorcycle mount