Looking for a good password keeper app

grasscutter

Reaction score
I switched from a Blackberry which had a good password keeper app. I could store all of my passwords under a file with one password so I could get any of my passwords from my phone. I also stored credit card numbers and things like my frequent flier numbers or hotel account numbers so I had them when I needed them. I worry about some of the apps that can be downloaded because of the potential access they allow to my phone. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

dangerous

Reaction score
I switched from a Blackberry which had a good password keeper app. I could store all of my passwords under a file with one password so I could get any of my passwords from my phone. I also stored credit card numbers and things like my frequent flier numbers or hotel account numbers so I had them when I needed them. I worry about some of the apps that can be downloaded because of the potential access they allow to my phone. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Ewallet, it's paid for but will work between windows, BB, Droid and probably that other phone (the I one).

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
1password; it is kind of expensive for the Desktop client, but they've got a fee app for just about every mobile device know. If you buy the desktop client you can keep them all synced through Dropbox.

You do not have to have the pay for Desktop version to use the program. I don't, yet. It's tempting though.

volksrod2110

Reaction score
I just started using Kuffs Password Safe. It also syncs with dropbox and is only a couple of bucks.

musicman

Reaction score
SplashID works really well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

timrock

Reaction score
I like password safe.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

B

budmonster

any others ones? all the ones mentioned above. do they store passwords for websites and form sites. im so tired of having to type my email and password to log into websites.

crzydjm

Reaction score
any others ones? all the ones mentioned above. do they store passwords for websites and form sites. im so tired of having to type my email and password to log into websites.

I just got "Wallet" from market and I'm pretty impressed with if. Offers online backup to Drop Box too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Call me old fashioned but nothing beats a secured/encrypted Excel sheet. Works on EVERYTHING and combine with something like SugarSync or other 'syncing' software and you have access to it anywhere and everywhere.

volksrod2110

Reaction score

Kuffs is completely customizable. You can have as much information as you would like with each item. Just make names, website, user, password or what ever field you need. You can even make a template from the fields you make.

dayusmc

Reaction score
Kuffs is the best I found. I Searched for days all over the internet, kuffs is the only one that i found that would backup to google docs. Alot of them will backup to dropbox, but who wants another account for another site anyway. We all have gmail, so i want one that backed up to that. Get kuffs paid app- well worth it. I downloaded it, installed it on my computer and put all my passwords in. It is FULLY customizable. Backed up to gmail and then restored my phone from gmail works great. I couldn't find any other app that backed up to gmail. Kuffs seems to be it.

-Semper Fi
From My Dinc.

pjniez

Reaction score
After paying for the initial download, they charged to upgrade to their last new release!

Additionally, the user interface is terrible. One example of this is that the Android app doesn't prompt you to save changes. If you forget to click the Done button (which is in the menu) your changes (or new entry) are lost!

Also, I get a lot of FCs. There hasn't been any update in many months. Out seems SplashData had forgotten about their Android users!

TwerpPoet

Reaction score

1password will do this on the computer. I'm not aware of anything that will do it on a phone. Most mobile browsers don't accept the plugins that make it possible.

timrock

Reaction score

your browser should automatically store this information, if you allow it. when you log in to a site, it will ask if it should remember the information. just choose yes, and next time you go to the site, you wont have to log in.

GadgetSam

Reaction score
I use Keepass on my droid and on all of my PC (home, work, etc).
The password db is stored on my free dropbox account.

They have an app for droid and the ability to run Keepass on a PC without installing it.
KeePass Password Safe

I use the 1.x version because it allows the Droid app to edit the DB on Dropbox.
The beta 2.x does not...yet.