Looking For a Font

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by GeneRs, Oct 21, 2010.

1. GeneRs

GeneRs New Member

I'm trying to find a font package to install on my Droid 1. Anything similar to the font used in the Dark Edge theme or the default faunt in the new Ultimate Droid Rom. The font shapes are similar to the default Droid font only thinner. I'm currently running CM6. Any suggestions?
  2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

i thought CM had a font change option...?? if not, Absolute Systems and Root Tools are two paid apps from the mkt. in addition to several other functions, they also have the option to change fonts. each of them has about 25 different fonts to choose from. other than that, if you look around at the various themes, and particularly some of the evo themes, the themers have posted some update zips for alternate font packages.
  3. UltraDroid

UltraDroid DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Husker, I have a zip file (at home - I'm at work now), with a variety of fonts in it. You use MetaMorph to install it, and I'll be glad to upload it when I get home.

-Mike
  4. UltraDroid

OK, I'm home now and I have a zipped file which contains a folder called Skaggz Font 0.9.1, and it's size (zipped) is 2.64 mgs. It contains 20-25 different fonts and you need MetaMorph to install it. If someone can tell me how to upload the thing, I'll be more than happy to do so, :)

-Mike
  5. GeneRs

GeneRs New Member

Yeah... I can download and install fonts through Rom Manager but I can't find the right one. I've checkes Skaggs fonts as well as Kronicks Fonts. There's a BUNCH of them there but I don't know the name of the font I'm looking for. I also checked their previews at the Forkup page but they don't all seem to be previewed. If I only knew the name of the font it would help.

And thanx for the quick responses.
  6. UltraDroid

From my perspective, you're perfectly welcome! :)

No biggie, and since I'm usually on an Ultimate Droid rom, he has font changing built into the settings, so I haven't actually *needed* the separate Skaggs fonts. You might want to consider UD's roms. The fonts are all previewed, so you can visually SEE what font you're installing.

Good luck!

-Mike
  7. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

The best part of doing it in a Metamorph as Skaggz did back when, is that you can add a sh*tload of fonts to that XML, and then you'd have even a better selection than even on UD... I loved his idea and have elaborated and made a new metamorph, adding in his font packs, to one that I made for Bugless Beast users to also be able to change their notification fonts as you can with UD settings... I will more than likely add more fonts if there is enough interest in it for BB users one, which is exclusive for only BBv05.... However the fonts metamorph would be a stand alone that would work on any theme/ROM... which makes that more appealing. Imagine a font Metamorph that has a hundred different fonts!!:icon_eek: ..OK that's too many but that would be useful universally...;)
Search tags for this page
caddy shack font

caddyshack font

caddyshack fonts
caddyshack logo font
what font is the caddyshack