Looking for a Calender that can be customized

kshipley

Reaction score
Stock app for calendar is ok, except, I need it to be able to customize reoccuring events. I work a 24 on and a 48 off shift. My old Palm did this wonderfully. I would input "FD" for every 3rd day and it populates the calendar, every third day, as far out as you like. The Droid's version limits you to just a singular day or days of the week. I've seen the fire shift calendars in the app store, but I don't need all that garbage. I need my everyday calendar to do this. Any ideas???

OP
K

kshipley

Reaction score
Really? I looked at that, but I couldn't get a clear idea if that could be done. I've sent a couple of emails to app designers and they came back saying, no can do. So, if your saying I can set a event by the number of days, I'll check it out.

Mowgli

Reaction score
old Palm user

Kshipley,

I too came from a Palm and am looking for a better calendar app. Let me know how Pure works for you.

Mowgli

joeymoose

Reaction score
I use Pure Calender widget and Pure Grid agenda, both are nice. The real question is what are you looking for in a Calender app? What is the customization you are talking about?

OP
K

kshipley

Reaction score
Well, bought Pure Grid. It looks nice, but...as soon as you go to input a date, right back to the Droid calendar. No options to customize when the event will re-occur in a certain number of days. I may be over looking something on set up, but so far, it's not the answer by far.

joeymoose

Reaction score
I 99% sure Pure Calender has that option. Look into it before you buy :) Or someone else here will be 100% sure...

OP
K

kshipley

Reaction score
Droid calendar will let you customized "Repetition". The options it provides are useless to me. I need an option of "occurs every .....2nd day, 3rd day, 4th day, so on. Not every Wednesday, Monthly (on day 15), etc. My schedule changes every week. For example: I work tommorrow Sat. 3/6, then Tuesday, Friday, Monday, Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday, and so on. Each week, the day I work backs up a day. Droid calender doesn't help me. I have to manually input each day, a major pain in the ass.

joeymoose

Reaction score
What I do will work for you..

Set up your calender on a PC, Laptop, whatever. Once you set up the calender widget it will follow the Gmail calender setup...

OP
K

kshipley

Reaction score
So I have outlook, it will pull from that?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Synch your Gmail with the Outlook Calender - Outlooks can do what you want and then it will automatically be pushed to your Droid calender. There is an app you need for sync available I think right on the GMail page...

OP
K

kshipley

Reaction score
I see what you're talking about. It's still not what I'm looking for but I can get it to work w/ trial and error. Also, much easier to manipulate in Gmail.

OP
K

kshipley

Reaction score
I'll look for this also. Thanks for your reply/help.