Looking for a browser app

baldybill

Reaction score
Looking for a good browser app that can do tabs and desktop view of webpages, while being small and simple. I have used Dolphin Mini, but don't know how to get desktop view on it. Any thoughts on how to do it or another app I can use?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recently switched from Miren to Opera Mobile. No flash support in Opera, but it's very fast and supports desktop view

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

PhilD

Reaction score
xscope is my favorite browser, there is an option in settings for desktop view.

miren is a close second, but it appears that it is no longer supported.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
You must try boat browser. I've spent plenty of time trying all the others (dolphin, opera, Miren, xscope........) and this is by far my favorite.

Very fast with an easy to use interface, check it out, I think you will be very pleased.

Oh, just saw you wanted tabs, it doesn't have tabs in the sense that dolphin has tabs, but it has a very useful way of managing multiple pages being open, I actual prefer it over the tabs. I found with dolphin the tabs were always to small and hard to close. I still recommend you check it out!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've just switched (I think) from Miren to Boat Browser...

Boat is fast, doesn't do tabs but has a nice graphical window switching option, and is just plain fun to use. Really impressive work. Text copy actually works well in Boat, unlike Miren.

You definitely need to try Boat...

Haven't really used it much yet, but this (Maxthon) deserves a look as well:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=949555

There's actually a newer version in the market - search on Maxthon Browser...

lmdodds

Reaction score
are there any browsers other than google chrome and firefox, that lets you send bookmarks from a pc to your phone??

i dont like google chrome on my pc. i use firefox on my pc but dont like it on my phone.. lol

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
are there any browsers other than google chrome and firefox, that lets you send bookmarks from a pc to your phone??

i dont like google chrome on my pc. i use firefox on my pc but dont like it on my phone.. lol

You don't like chrome for your desktop, that's blasphemy. Lol

Not sure but opera has both a desktop and mobile browser so they may offer that option.

VirtualLife

Reaction score
I need one too

I am also looking for a better browser. Right now I use whatever comes with MIUI.
All I need is something that loads fast and can play "educational" movies. :)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
"Educational" really doesn't help. The browser doesn't decide what it can play based on the content of the video. What format? Or what site?

I have used Dolphin Mini, but don't know how to get desktop view on it.
Same as any other browser -- set the user agent.

WhiteDynomite

Reaction score
I only use SKYFIRE..it's the fastest, has tabs, bookmarking,etc..and if you're on a page with EMBEDDED VIDEO it will optimize it for u!! Screw the rest!

KL1

Reaction score

There is an extension for firefox that will send to your phone, called Fox to Phone. I think it works faster than chrometophone does from chrome.