Looking for a better email program.

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by Demonseed Elite, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Demonseed Elite

Demonseed Elite New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia 7.2
    Hey everybody, first time Android user here - coming from a Windows Phone 8 (bet you don't hear that too often these days). Anyways, I need some recommendations on email program.

I absolutely HATE unified inboxes. I have 4 email accounts that I use for various things: Work, Friends only, Business/semi-junk and Total junk. On my Windows Phone, each of these 4 accounts sat as their own separate live-tile. Each one displayed the number of unread messages (unread since last checked, not total unread in my actual inbox). It was nice to see at a glance which account received a new email without having to open the app.

I'm looking for something similar on Android. I'd like to have four icons on my home app, each going to their own account and each showing a new messages count. Is this possible?

2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,885
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    I don't think it's possible exactly as you are describing. There are many apps that can sync multiple accounts , but I'm not sure about a tile or home screen icon for each account.

Edit: I think the GMail app allows home screen icons for each account entered into the app. Something to look into.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

3. LoudRam

LoudRam Silver Member

Ratings:
    +365
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G7
    Twitter:
    @Loudram
    Type Mail allows you to have a 1x1 widget on your home screen for each account. You may even be able to add the unread count onto it but I'm not 100% sure on that.

4. ShortEdw

ShortEdw New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    huawei p9
    why doesn't the standard fit ? I use the stock ones