Looking for a better browser

Shmilyy2013

Reaction score
My phone is XiaoMi.
I'm now using its own browser.
I want to browse some websites in desktop mode. It seems that this browser isn't equipped with this function.
What's more, the number of gestures are so limited.
I found the functions of this browser are so limited.
So I want a better browser which is more convenient.
Could u help me and give me some suggestions?
Thank you.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Firefox and dolphin browser are my favorite. Desktop mode and the ability to sideload flash player.

Sent from my XT1060

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Here is a short list of browsers I have used in the past:

Stock (comes on the phone)
Chrome (lack of flash support is a major deal if you view lots of flash content)
Dolphin (Dolphin Browser and Dolphin Zero, Dolphin Browser Mini)
Puffin (I have the paid version and use it primarily for viewing flash content)
Opera
FireFox
Next Browser (GO Launcher Dev Team)
Boat Browser for Android

There are quite a few out there. Honestly, IMO, Chrome works fine 99% of the time for me as I don't care if flash works or not. Most content I view is not flash dependent. For that content I use Dolphin and Puffin, mainly Puffin.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I believe Dolphin has it built in now. Or it could be part of a lab. No need for Dolphin Jetpack any longer.

OP
S

Shmilyy2013

Reaction score
I believe Dolphin has it built in now. Or it could be part of a lab. No need for Dolphin Jetpack any longer.
Yes,Dolphin has this function. I love it. Thank you. I'll use dolphin before I have a better choice.

OP
S

Shmilyy2013

Reaction score
Here is a short list of browsers I have used in the past:

Stock (comes on the phone)
Chrome (lack of flash support is a major deal if you view lots of flash content)
Dolphin (Dolphin Browser and Dolphin Zero, Dolphin Browser Mini)
Puffin (I have the paid version and use it primarily for viewing flash content)
Opera
FireFox
Next Browser (GO Launcher Dev Team)
Boat Browser for Android

There are quite a few out there. Honestly, IMO, Chrome works fine 99% of the time for me as I don't care if flash works or not. Most content I view is not flash dependent. For that content I use Dolphin and Puffin, mainly Puffin.
Thanks. I downloaded almost all the browsers you suggested. And I love dolphin the most. I found the desktop mode and I found the gesture function it promoted. Really convenient. I'll keep using dolphin before I have a better choice. Thank you again.

OP
S

Shmilyy2013

Reaction score
Firefox and dolphin browser are my favorite. Desktop mode and the ability to sideload flash player.

Sent from my XT1060
Thanks for your advice, I finally chose dolphin. haha. Before I have a better choice, I think I'll keep using it. ^-^

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Thanks. I downloaded almost all the browsers you suggested. And I love dolphin the most. I found the desktop mode and I found the gesture function it promoted. Really convenient. I'll keep using dolphin before I have a better choice. Thank you again.
Dolphin has a lot of cool features. I do a lot of search and reading.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dadburned if of can find it now but I always install the old Android browser from the Play store. It's free, it's basic, it works with no fuss or muss and it works with Flash. I think Google is the developer but like I said I can't find it listed on the Play store or my installed apps even though I have it installed.
Here's a copy of Flash player so once you find a browser you want it'll work . https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1choimmzlbtvxk/install_flash_player_ics.apk

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Parth18

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X XT-1052
firefox,dolphin, are best