Looking for a battery Icon....

aimless

Reaction score
You need to be rooted I believe in order to change the meters. Rooting is very simple on the x. Then metamorph or ninjamorph to change them.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Hey fan. You did awesome finding the battery icons. I'm a newbie, obviously, and I just rooted my phone last night. Do I need to flash a rom before I can use the bears meter? Do I just download that ninjamorph and figure it out from there?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
No custom rom needed BUT download bootstrap from the market before doing anything. It will allow you to make a nandroid backup just in case anything goes wrong and you get stuck in a bootloop. It's a free program. Don't let the 'stuck in a bootloop' talk scare you. It happens and bootstrap is the best way to make sure you don't brick the phone. Any questions just ask and I'll help out.

aimless

Reaction score
Cool thanks. I made a backup with bootstrap already so I'm safe there. So what do I do to use this battery meter?

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Ok. Now download ninjamorph from the market. I think it's still in there. When you get that done let me know as I am not near my cpu for about 10 min to help faster. When I get home I'll jump online to make this faster for you.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
You can use Ninja Morph or Meta Morph. On page 3 of that link are files that work with both morphs. If you choose ninja morph, all you should need are the zip files. There are how to videos on youtube for those apps.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Now once you download ninjamorph that needs to be installed (obviously...lol). Then how did you download the batt meter? Over the cpu or straight to the phone?

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I had to use ninjamorph with the bears ones. For some reason metamorph did want to work correctly. With the Cubs one it worked fine. It was strange but I got them installed anyway.

aimless

Reaction score
Ok. Now download ninjamorph from the market. I think it's still in there. When you get that done let me know as I am not near my cpu for about 10 min to help faster. When I get home I'll jump online to make this faster for you.

Ok Fan, I downloaded Ninja.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
I download them either straight to the Android Themes folder on the sd, or to the pc then to that folder. That folder is where ninja morph & meta morph get their files from.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I download them either straight to the Android Themes folder on the sd, or to the pc then to that folder. That folder is where ninja morph & meta morph get their files from.

Swyped from a Droid

Yeah it was strange why one worked but the other didn't. No big deal to me. I get em both to work so it's all good.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
I had to use ninjamorph with the bears ones. For some reason metamorph did want to work correctly

I'll fix it and bump both threads. I'm still new at this, and since I dont own a droid x, I learn from the feed back. Let me know if there are any more problems.
BTW, didn't realize you've been waiting this long for those icons.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
ok open ninjamorph and hit the "start checks" button. Then hit the new project button. Them scroll down to the "system" folder and tap that to open it. Then choose the "framework" folder. From there choose the "framkwork.res.apk" folder.

Last edited:
OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I had to use ninjamorph with the bears ones. For some reason metamorph did want to work correctly

I'll fix it and bump both threads. I'm still new at this, and since I dont own a droid x, I learn from the feed back. Let me know if there are any more problems.
BTW, didn't realize you've been waiting this long for those icons.

Swyped from a Droid

LOL. I asked for these back in Nov when I got my X. No one wanted to take them one for me. Then I asked in the 'hack' section and you took them on and had them done in 2 days. That's why I was so excited!!

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Once you hit the framework.res.apk folder it's going to take a sec and 'unpack' about 1200-1300 images. Once that is done go to the res folder. then the 'drawable-hdpi' folder. Then scroll way down towards the bottom for the batt icons. Oh wait I got a question. Do you have a prgram like root explorer or super manager that you can use to unzip the battery meter zip folder? Super manager is free in the market. They need to be unzipped for you to install them. Or you can unzip the file on your cpu and then reinstall it to the sd card. Whichever is easier for you. I know it's a lot of steps and I apologize for that.

Last edited: