looking at X, couple of questions...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, forgive a couple of these newbish questions, but I'm looking at the X and don't have an easy way to check these out...

I had a D1 forever, sold it and the fam went prepaid for a bit. Was able to get back on with the Incredible, but I'm still within my 30 days and I'm thinking about the X.

Part of what I love about the Inc, I also dislike... the size. It's very "sleek" and easily pocketable, but at times it's a bit too small depending on my needs. I also miss the more "rugged" feel and look of Motorola - not that the Inc is weak or anything - maybe that's just false brand perception on my part. :)

So I guess I have 3 questions...

1) Anybody found the size to be a hindrance for someone who carries his phone in his pocket 90% of the time?

2) Does the noise canceling mic make a difference? I've found the Inc to be no better than the D1 was with regard to background noise/fuzz - plenty loud, but still a lot of noise.

3) I actually don't mind the Sense UI too much, but strongly prefer vanilla Android. I know that's not something attainable without root anymore, though. I'll probably end up doing that, but is Motoblur very intrusive, vs Sense?

TIA...

cpjr

Reaction score
1. I went from D1 - Incredible - X. I LOVE the size of this phone now. Even with an Otterbox commuter case it fits easily in my pocket. Looking at something like an Incredible now, makes the screen look to small ;)

2. Better than my Incredible from what I remember....I usually get great sound quality.

3. Personally, I dislike motoblur and love Vanilla android. My phone SCREAMS with Rubix Focused and I can run @ 1.45ghz medium voltage or 1.3ghz LV (currently) without any problems at all. I would say blur is comparable to sense vs. going vanilla.....cause I never liked sense alot either....but thats me.

So in short, for me....I am extremely glad I gave up the Incredible for the X.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for that... good to hear coming from someone going through the same progression! and someone who I know (from previous iPhone vs Droid threads) keeps a pretty balanced perspective on things :)

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
evidently i didn't need much of a nudge... already went and exchanged, and already loving the bigger size (phone :icon_eek:) - thx for the input

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Search for the Z4 Root app when you are ready to root that bad boy... ;)

isn't there a small update rolling out right now that i should wait for? (haven't even had a chance to see if i'm on it, but doubtful)

xliderider

Reaction score

isn't there a small update rolling out right now that i should wait for? (haven't even had a chance to see if i'm on it, but doubtful)

The Z4 Root app will root the updated X as well. Check your System version in Menu, Settings, About. If it is 2.3.340 you have the latest software.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Z4 Root app will root the updated X as well. Check your System version in Menu, Settings, About. If it is 2.3.340 you have the latest software.

well isn't that a beautiful thing... it checked for system updates and started it like it was waiting for me to check - what a concept

thanks for the info, will be doing that asap

1luvleegeek

Reaction score
Hi jntdroid, I went from Droid 1 to the Dinc and I am getting my X tomorrow. Is there anything you miss about your Dinc? The incredible just feels great in my hands..
Just wanted your opinion..:)

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi jntdroid, I went from Droid 1 to the Dinc and I am getting my X tomorrow. Is there anything you miss about your Dinc? The incredible just feels great in my hands..
Just wanted your opinion..:)

I agree, the Inc did feel good in the hands. I was afraid the X would feel too big, but honestly it feels pretty good - not quite as ergonomic, but still good. I have average size hands, and don't seem to have any problems reaching things with my thumbs (i.e. while holding with one hand). It's heavier, and feels more solid, which I like. I haven't had it in my pocket yet, but honestly, it's pretty darn thin through most of the body, until you get to the camera at the top. So I can see how, face down, camera at the top, it would go in a pocket pretty well. The screen was a surprisingly nice change. I didn't think the screen size would matter that much, but it's an immediate relief on the eyes - and I have good eyesight - and makes it easier to type as well, for me.
(Though I'll end up using Swype 90% of the time)

There, that's my review after about 2 hours of ownership. :)

1luvleegeek

Reaction score
Sounds good! I'm looking foward to that huge screen.. I have a feeling I'm gonna be a happy X owner.
Thanks for your input!!