1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Looking at invisibleSHIELD have questions

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by crazylikeacharger, Jul 13, 2010.

1. crazylikeacharger

crazylikeacharger New Member

okay my incredible should be showing up in hopefully 2 weeks (hoping less) and I'm wanting to protect the phone from the start. I know for a fact i want screen protection and im really liking the lifetime replacements that are offered by invisibleSHIELD. im unsure on if i will get a case or a larger battery so is it my best bet just to get the screen protector?

:motdroidvert:
  2. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    crazy did you order the invisibleSHIELD yet? if not... when you go to the zagg site sign up for the contest, they will email you a code for up to 59% off of your order
  3. crazylikeacharger

i did that and i ordered my protector already. me being dumb forgot the code but hey the thing is so low cost im not too mad i forgot to put in the code
  4. ffej89

ffej89 New Member

invisible shield all the way
  5. drtnsnw

drtnsnw Member

love mine

Chris
  6. beerad02

beerad02 New Member

I like the feeling of the shield on the screen better than the actual glass on the LCD. Very nice.

Plus, a lifetime warranty never hurt anyone :)
  7. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

My advice would be to stay away from Invisible Shield.
  8. Italian Angel

Italian Angel New Member

No need for an explanation or anything...

Go for it I say. I'm on my second for my Droid. The last one saved my screen when it got scratched by my keys while in my purse. Bad scratch on the shield caused it to ripple a little, screen and phone still look brand new.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. djgdroid

djgdroid New Member

I own several invisible shields for everything from cameras, mp3 players and serveral phones. I am not a big fan of the full body shields because the edges lift after a while. I now only go with just the screen shield and am very pleased with it.
  10. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    Care to explain why?? I have never had any problem with them
  11. freddie

freddie New Member

I had an InvisibleShield on a Storm2. I would NOT buy another IS.

For one, they just seem extremely overpriced, especially compared to similar products (Best Skins Ever). Two,.. the edges and corners all started peeling up within a few weeks of installation (done by Best Buy). My phone was not kept in my pocket, or anywhere that would accelerate the corners peeling up.

Sure the "tacky" feeling that an InvisibleShield has is nice, but not as a screen protector. IF you keep your screen clean, the tackiness of the 'Shield makes it difficult to touch and drag, etc.
  12. wrightperspective

wrightperspective New Member

InvisibleSHIELD is not bad but I have used them and BSE in the past but I prefer the Stealth Guard Protectors because the price is better ($9.99 for two), you get a lifetime warranty and IMO they are easier to apply. Mine has been on since February with no problems.
  13. rutgers1

rutgers1 New Member

invisible shield

I have had the shield on my last two phones, the Rogue and the Incredible. My wife also got one on her Rogue. We haven't had a single problem. In fact, the reason why I panicked and got it was because my Rogue was getting all scratched up. The shield actually made it look about 75% better following application.

My phone is always bouncing around my pocket with keys and change, and it still looks good a few weeks after applying the shield (I got the Incredible and applied the shield on July 6).

Another thing I noticed is that I can see my screen fine in daylight. I have no idea if that is due to the shield, or if I didn't get a phone that was Amoled. Considering I had to wait a month for my phone to arrive, is it possible that I didn't get the screen that the originals got? It isn't PERFECT in sunlight, but I can see it fine. I thought that, perhaps, the invisible shield was helping in that regard.

Lastly, perhaps the problems that people had came as a result of applying it themselves. In both cases, I had a guy at the mall apply it. They sell and apply them at a little cart. It was expensive, but I felt worth it.
  14. uscharalph

uscharalph New Member

I use ZAGG InvisibleShields on most of my electronics. I have installed them myself and have had no installation problems. I love the shield on my Incredible.
  15. ffej89

ffej89 New Member

Another vote for Zagg IS
  16. crazylikeacharger

well mine was ordered last week. the only way i will have an opinion on it will be to use it!
  17. Geovone

Geovone New Member

I thought about getting this product but ended up getting the ones from Verizon
  18. Danariel

Danariel New Member

I have had Invisible Shields on:

2 iPod classics
    2 BlackBerry Pearls (edges had tiny pieces that came off after a while)
    LG Chocolate 3
    1 iPod Touch 16 GB
    1 LG enV Touch (got the full body, only used screen due to rubberized back)

I replaced the iPod Touch with the 64 GB version, and put a BodyGuardz skin on it, just a little less texture to it.

With the Incredible, I went a totally different direction. I got the ClariVue Anti-glare Screen Protector so my pattern lock pattern wouldn't be readily apparent in the finger swipe marks on the screen. It has a very nice feel to it, and I was able to read a book on it today outside in the shade with no glare issues. I also have a Seidio Innocase II Surface with the matching holster.

Over all, I have to say I LOVE the InvisibleSHIELD, and would highly recommend it to anyone.
  19. upinsmoke

upinsmoke New Member

I'd be interested to know why you said this also. It's one thing if someone has a "bad" experience with a product, but just putting a naked vote against is basicly groundless.

I've been using this product for several weeks now without any adverse effects. I had it installed at the kiosk located at KOP. I appears to be more resistant to scratches than previous protectors I've used in the past. Actually it doesnt have any scratches. Thats with keys and coins in my pocket...
  20. TwinChargedDroid

TwinChargedDroid New Member

I've had mine on and have had no issues. The full body is pointless as the back isn't one piece. I love how it gets rid of The glare the phone comes with...+1 from me
Search tags for this page
clean lint off a zagg
do bubbles on zagg invisible shield go away
do bubbles really go away on zagg sheild
do the little hairs below my invisibleshield go away?
finger swipe marks on invisibleshield

hair under invisibleshield

how to reinstall zagg invisibleshield

invisible shield care

invisible shield hair under
invisible shield has lint and bubles
lint under invisibleshield
swipe marks on invisibleshield
will stuff under invisible shield fade out
zagg invisibleshield care