Looking at a note but...

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 2' started by crakmasta, Dec 29, 2012.

1. crakmasta

crakmasta New Member

I'm ready for a change after Verizon and HTC largely have washed their hands of the thunderbolt. I've been looking at both the galaxy s3 or the note. The note seems to be everything I've ever wanted other than its monstrous size. Have you guys gotten used to that, or does anyone know of any upcoming devices that may be of a more modest size from Samsung that would offer that beefy quad core processor and ram

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  2. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 New Member

You get used to the size 99% of thr time it works amazing. Its bootloader is unlocked.....im running cleanrom 3.5 and its going awesome. Size wise it fits in all my pants fine even the bit tighter jeans.....I would (and have been) recommending this phone to all my friends.

Sent from my Note 2 using the Droid Forums App
  3. stillwaiting

stillwaiting New Member

I have had my note 2 for about a week and I don't even notice the size, at first when I saw it in the store I thought it was enormous, but now I am of the opinion it is just about perfect, and if anything I think it could maybe be a little bigger :p
  4. MTBryan

MTBryan New Member

Geeze, me too. My wife's iPhone seems tiny!
    I have big hands and can easily operate the Note 2 one handed. It's an awesome phone!
    I don't have an iPad or a tablet. If I had one, I might not need a phone as big as the Note 2. But I don't really feel the need for one. Between this Note 2 and my laptop, I'm good.
  5. Reeftivo

Reeftivo New Member

It will always be in the back of your mind that is big since it's the biggest out right now. Once you handle it for a couple days you get over that quick. i've found it laughable when I hold my Droid x next to it. The ease at which one can view everything is only outweighed by the awsome power and functionality this phone provides. My brother returned his DNA yesterday and now has the GN2.
    1 person likes this.
  6. stillwaiting

stillwaiting New Member

yes, thats another thing I forgot to mention, I'm not familiar with hand sizes but I think I am around a medium size or so and have almost no problem using my note 2 with a spigen ultra thin case on it.
  7. tfly212

tfly212 New Member

Going on my second week with my note 2...totally used the size now. Fits in jeans pockets as well as a suit coat pocket. Actually feels smaller in my pocket than my old Charge because it is so thin. Typing on the bigger keyboard is awesome and watching videos rivals a tablet. I think as I use the S-Pen more that will become the killer app...Jobs ridiculed it, but I think it has some pretty awesome potential. And if you are coming from a TB, which had crappy battery life like the Charge, you will be amazed! I get about 30 hours on a charge with >5 hours of screen time on 4G the entire time. Give it a shot...I doubt you will regret it.
  8. Reeftivo

Reeftivo New Member

S pen is starting to grow on me too. I disabled the quick note pop up at first because I was always looking around and it was an annoyance. Now that I have figured out a lot of things, I enabled the pop up and use the quick note all the time. I'm loving that and the crop/cut out to send quick stuff is a blast. I think I'll still be discovering cool new things on this phone a year from now.
  9. crakmasta

crakmasta New Member

Re: Looking at a note but...Looking at a note but...

Anyone have one with a heavy case like an otterbox or seidio? Gotta have one in my line of work

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  10. Jumper2501

Jumper2501 Member

I do use a 10-inch tablet (or should I say "did"?). Over the 2 days or so I've had the N2, I haven't touched my tablet. I've got true portability from what seems to be a very capable device.
  11. MTBryan

MTBryan New Member

Oh yes, I forgot to mention I use my Note naked most of the time. It fits easily in my jacket pocket or cargo pants around the house. So it is easier to use with one hand naked (no joke intended :) )
  12. bkdodger

bkdodger DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Size is non issue.. Once you use it you will see.. You can always test drive it for the 14 days and if you don't like it $35 re stocking fee.. Great deal in my opinion.. I bet you keep it.. I do use a slim case so I can't speak of the otterbox and such.. We do have a few threads on here with case comparison.. Hit them up for sure.. Good luck..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》
  13. sNuFfYStiGLiTZ

sNuFfYStiGLiTZ New Member

Once you go Note 2, you never go back......
  14. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

I have a surface, an active, and an otterbox Commuter.

Surface - super thin, really more of a grip function, no real protection.

Active - thin with a hybrid silicone /plastic shell - decent protection (haven't dropped yet)

Commuter - much thicker (not as big as defender) - tons of protection.

All three feel VERY COMFORTABLE in my hands, none seem too big, but I have giant hands lol.

Return of the Android
  15. stillwaiting

stillwaiting New Member

I used to use it naked but every time I put it down I was scared I would scratch the back on something and ruin that beautiful finish, and it is a bit slick when naked(insert joke here) :biggrin:
  16. Reeftivo

Reeftivo New Member

I have the active and defender. Both have pros and cons. Active is nice and less bulky, but the fit is a little looser than I would like. The defender case is rugged and great looking but is bulky and I don't care for the holster much since it sticks out more than the active and the clip seems poorly designed compared to the active. I still use both though. The active at work and the defender when out and about.

Some pics of the defender

photo.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
  17. delcopa

delcopa New Member

I have the otterbox. I went naked at first but then went to the otter. It does make it even bigger I was about to say forget when they said try it and if you don't like it return it within 2 weeks. So I tried it and it is growing on me. I did have issues with the screen on the box didn't like how it was against the screen it was somewhat loose. Plus could never get both the screen and the case clean always seemed to get a spec of dust, dirt or something every time I put it together. Well there was a forum I found that a lot of people are removing the screen protector from the case so I did that also and it is much better now too. Screen comes right off was glued on comes off easy without leaving residue also.
  18. MTBryan

MTBryan New Member

I would use a protective case more but get tired of my wife busting on me because of the enormous size, which is REALLY huge when in a case.
    The 'size matters' return comment only worked the first week but now falls on deaf ears. :)
  19. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

I love my note 2 and the size of it is not a problem. But if you are worried about the size of the note 2 check out the HTC DNA. It has 5inch 1080 screen. It has a quad core chip that runs faster than what the note 2 does. The problem with it is that it has a non removable battery and only 16 gigs of storage with no expandable SD storage card slot. The DNA is a great phone but because of all the options on the note 2 the note 2 is the better device. But the DNA is a great phone for someone that does not want something as big as the note 2
  20. OhSteelerfan

OhSteelerfan New Member

I came from a bionic and took no time at all to get used to the size of the Galaxy Note 2. I've only had the phone a few days and I've gotten used to the size my Bionic seem so small now. The battery life on this is incredible I can go all day on a single charge and still have close 50 percent battery life left. The only downside to this phone is a small one is that the cameras not quite as good as the iPhone 5.
Search tags for this page

gt-7100 sph-l900