Looking a good notification drop down toggle like the lg g4 has but want it to work on turbo

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Looking a good notification drop down toggle like the lg g4 has but want it to work on turbo

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1coopgt

Reaction score
I kind of think you may be on your own with this one . This is a Turbo forum and I have a feeling 95% of us have probably never owned a G4 . I'm thinking you probably should have stuck with the G4 since you keep trying to turn the Turbo into one . The notification setup on the turbo works great if you give it a chance if you haven't turned it on in the MOTO app. Good luck .

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
What's the one like on the G4?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I kind of think you may be on your own with this one . This is a Turbo forum and I have a feeling 95% of us have probably never owned a G4 . I'm thinking you probably should have stuck with the G4 since you keep trying to turn the Turbo into one . The notification setup on the turbo works great if you give it a chance if you haven't turned it on in the MOTO app. Good luck .

I am a big phone jumper - maybe not for the same reason as our OP :) but I always like to try out what is "new" out there and I can pick things from every device that I like and want to mimic on the next...I think that is all the OP is trying to do and while it may not be things that everyone else would want, it is good to see what options there are for Android users...after all, that is why we chose Android :)...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
@smalltowngirl13 Yeah, another forum had a poll last week, how many Android phones have you had? I though of you. ;);)

A surprising number said more than 10.

I would bet if I stopped and counted from the OD, I would be at 25+ (and I might be low-ballin' that number LOL)...and that would not take in my BB, Apple or Window phones...

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I love droids and their battery life but the button on the back of the lg and some of the features were cool but the lg always overheated had bad antena for signal and because if that battery drained fast causing sms texts to repeat it was a perfect storm of problems. Wish that Motorola had made the lg g4 it might have been better quality.....

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
What's the one like on the G4?
The lg g4 has a drop down notification button similar to the way an iohone6 plus has a way to bring top icons to bottom. And all the menu keys are programmable including the physical power button and volume with combinations

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
This one is not completely like the G4 but might suffice.... Good luck!

Notification Toggle - Android Apps on Google Play
This was one of the 1st apps j bought for the turbo love it but I bought it before I saw your post. Thx though. It doesn't have the drop down key option though to open motivations with a Key press . the ones I did find that can open w a key press don't work on lollipop.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I am a big phone jumper - maybe not for the same reason as our OP :) but I always like to try out what is "new" out there and I can pick things from every device that I like and want to mimic on the next...I think that is all the OP is trying to do and while it may not be things that everyone else would want, it is good to see what options there are for Android users...after all, that is why we chose Android :)...
I have built up a list over time of the ideal phone and currently it is droid turbo battery life. 2 antennas like old style Verizon phones so you don't need lte volte like droid maxx the lg g4 hardware fire factor and button placement and some of the software customizations and u would love the iphones fingerprint unlock as I don't like the Samsung method on galaxy

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
@smalltowngirl13 Yeah, another forum had a poll last week, how many Android phones have you had? I though of you. ;);)

A surprising number said more than 10.
Lg ally then all the Motorola model droids w best batteries then a bad experience w a Samsung sound issue the back to droid then lg and back to droid so pretty close to 10 or over. And have carried an iPhone for work for a special app for beeper till it came out for android

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Try power toggles. Negligible battery consumption. Very customizable
I have power toggles as well and I like the notification widget for battery percentage as well but it does not have drop down notification shortcut button either...

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Found something called open notifications in app store that works so far