Lookin' for a Kernel...

SniperDroid

Reaction score
I've been trying to decide how and what to flash to the little girl, and I've heard good things about "Lean Kernel" as far as battery life improvement is
concerned. Does anyone know where I can find it? Have any other idea's on a Kernel you think is better? Thanks for the help...

moclovman

Reaction score
I'm on 4.0.3 running LeanKernel. Great battery life (due to stable undervolting) while I am over clocked. Seemed to gave much better life than my buddy who is running the Apex kernel...

Sent from Space

OP
SniperDroid

SniperDroid

Reaction score
What version are you running 4.0.2 or 4.0.3? Make sure the kernel you get is for the right version you are on.
Lean Kernel can be found here: [kernel] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel (1.5.0, 1/8/12) - RootzWiki
I use Franco's kernel which is here: [KERNEL][GPL][9 JAN - #11] franco.Kernel | 4.0.3 | OC | TUN | INIT.D | COLORS+ - RootzWiki

Right now I'm running 4.0.2 but plan to move up to 4.0.3 when I decide what kernel I want to run. Battery life is really important so I can get a full
day out of the phone. I use the PHONE more than the data, but making thirty to fifty calls a day will do that to you...

Thanks for the information.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been using Franco's kernel and his kernel app lately. I selected his kernel primarily because he was the main dev that was addressing the "Keep Awake" issue on some of these phones (mine included). My battery life is great now and my phone does go to sleep when the screen is off.

Oh, btw, I'm using the AOKP rom too.

OP
SniperDroid

SniperDroid

Reaction score
I've been using Franco's kernel and his kernel app lately. I selected his kernel primarily because he was the main dev that was addressing the "Keep Awake" issue on some of these phones (mine included). My battery life is great now and my phone does go to sleep when the screen is off.

Oh, btw, I'm using the AOKP rom too.

...the AOKP rom?

doublea500

Reaction score
[kernel] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel (1.6.4, 1/15/12) - RootzWikiherse lean kernel

flash the stable one though!!

whopua

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Lean Kernel is compatible with the ClockworkMod recovery factory image I flashed when I rooted my Gnex?

meaker

Reaction score
what should I set the lean kernel to for best battery? Was going to use cpuset

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

theidoctor

Reaction score
what should I set the lean kernel to for best battery? Was going to use cpuset

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

What from are you using? I use aokp and just use the built in settings area to change my clock settings. I always keep it at the lowest MHz whether I am running stable or experimental and then I usually have it clocked to 1.2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk