Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I was super excited about this when I saw that first video. I'm a little less excited after watching some of these:
hound google now - YouTube

Seems like it DOES do multiple part queries better and some things better than Google Now, but these videos make it seem not near as intense as the original video did.

With that said, I've got it installed and I'm waiting on an invite, so if anyone has a spare one lying around, I'd be happy to give it a try on my own. ;)
Send me your email I'll set you up with one.

Note 4Tified

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that using it without having to tap on the icon/speaker is supposed to work but the app still has some bugs. It works OK on my S4 but not on my G4. In fact certain questions on the G4 cause it to bail.

The short answer is that it depends on the phone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Send me your email I'll set you up with one.

Note 4Tified
Got it! I'm at work, so I don't really have time to play with it right now, but I will give them credit for using the Australian lady's voice that I've selected, but Google seems to refuse to use.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a reply from Hound
Thank you for your feedback. We have recently become aware that “OK Hound” is not supported on some devices, and we are working as quickly as possible to resolve this. Additionally, please be advised that the phrase “OK Hound” will only wake up Hound when the app is open.

To ensure this feature is enabled, please check the following settings in Hound:

1. Tap the menu icon in upper left corner or swipe from left edge of screen to open the navigation drawer in the app.
2. Tap on “Settings”
3. Make sure “Wake up phrase” is selected.

If you see any additional issues or want to let our team know about a feature you are enjoying or would like to see in the future, please send us a message through the feedback form within the app.

Thank you for your support and patience during the beta as we polish the app, and we look forward to hearing more from you!

-Angie from Team Hound
Unquote
That was pretty fast

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, I noticed my "Ok Hound" worked, but only while in-app. They're gonna wanna change that if they really want to compete. Also, no android wear support that I can see so far. I'm also thinking that Now on Tap is going to be far more useful than Hound in it's current condition. Maybe they've got some more tricks up their sleeves. I set it as the default for long pressing my home button, so I'll use it when I otherwise would've used Now (when not initiating a search from my watch) and see how it really stacks up, but I'm thinking this isn't quite enough for me to move away from Google's offering, especially seeing what big G has on tap.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Played with this a little today. I really like it. Results were fast I'm pretty impressed.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I pinged them because it works on my Tab S, my SGS4 but crashes on my G4. Their support is listening. That's good. Had 2 messages from them already.

Reactions: cr6
OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got an update today. Bug fixes. Looks like they're doing more than just answering feedback e-mails to me too

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Whatever you do, don't uninstall it. Went to reinstall & my code doesn't work anymore. Sweet.
I tried to send you another invite but it won't let me send you another. Says you already have a beta invite.

It also gave me 5 invites at some point so it gave me 3 more for some reason

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Figures. I sent them a message. If they really want people to test, you'd think you could at least use the same code on the same device again, if not on a few devices.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, they finally emailed me back & said the codes are one time use only, but they put me on the list & I should receive a new code by tomorrow if I had already received one at my email address. Not 5 minutes later, I got my code.

They've definitely got good support going.