Long Running Problem

Silaz

Reaction score
I have run Rubix, Fission, and now Liberty. I have donated to almost all Droid X rom developers, but I have had the same problem with all roms. When I select various text threads in the messaging application, be it blur, AOSP, or custom, it will inevitably bring up the wrong thread.

Example:
10 text threads
select thread 1, brings up thread 10.

This happens to me on a very consistent basis and bothers me to no end!

OP
S

Silaz

Reaction score
Has no one else experienced this problem? I am no noob to the Droid X or roms. It seems odd that no one even posted anything.

TopHatDrew

Reaction score
It happens to me probably twice a day and like you, has find with every rom....that could get someone in trouble if they weren't careful ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
S

Silaz

Reaction score
Really? No one else? This is quite absurd given that it has happened to me on every rom with installed apps and no installed apps. Something is amiss...

Taegost

Reaction score
Do you use the stock messaging app? I use Handcent and that happens to me maybe once a week, and usually only when the phone is under a high load, and it's not just messaging that does it under those circumstances

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

mdhaliwal

Reaction score
I was concerned about this as well when I started noticing it..but as it turns out it is an Android problem not the rom developers problem! And this exists in every Android..one of the biggest bugs there is.

Anyhow just in the past couple ago the Nexus S finally got an update to fix this long standing problem. We will just have to wait for Moto and Verizon to push out the update as well :/

Nexus One gets tiny update to Android 2.2.2, fixes SMS routing issues -- Engadget

Edit my bad that was for the Nexus One..here's the one for the Nexus S

Nexus S OTA 2.3.2 update rolling out now, your SMS relations will thank you -- Engadget

droid fetish

Reaction score
I have run Rubix, Fission, and now Liberty. I have donated to almost all Droid X rom developers, but I have had the same problem with all roms. When I select various text threads in the messaging application, be it blur, AOSP, or custom, it will inevitably bring up the wrong thread.

Example:
10 text threads
select thread 1, brings up thread 10.

This happens to me on a very consistent basis and bothers me to no end!
you may not want to hear this as it is a temp. fix, dont let your threads go that long, delete them after you answer a couple of times and start anew, you wont have any problems, do this until moto finds a cure.

OP
S

Silaz

Reaction score
I was concerned about this as well when I started noticing it..but as it turns out it is an Android problem not the rom developers problem! And this exists in every Android..one of the biggest bugs there is.

Anyhow just in the past couple ago the Nexus S finally got an update to fix this long standing problem. We will just have to wait for Moto and Verizon to push out the update as well :/

Nexus One gets tiny update to Android 2.2.2, fixes SMS routing issues -- Engadget

Edit my bad that was for the Nexus One..here's the one for the Nexus S

Nexus S OTA 2.3.2 update rolling out now, your SMS relations will thank you -- Engadget

Ah! Thank you for the heads up. This problem has become more and more annoying as time goes on. In fact, it has caused me to send wrong texts to the wrong people numerous times. Anyhow, I have noticed the problem with AOSP varients(Rubix/fission/liberty), and with blur. I refuse to use handcent because if the stock messaging application does not function correctly and I have to purchase an App to enable that functionality, that really rubs me the wrong way.

DThomp

Reaction score
Handcent is free

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App