Long press volume controls for next/prev while playing music

XDroid

Reaction score
Hi guys, just got my D2 two days ago and was pretty upset at first when I noticed Cyanogenmod did not support it. I found liberty rom shortly after I figured out cm wasn't going to work and I have been VERY pleased with it.

The one thing I used a lot while I was using CM on my og droid :motdroidhoriz: was standby next/prev track hack. When the phone was in sleep/standby mode(screen completely off) and music was playing I could long press or hold the volume buttons up or down for next track or previous track.

Does anyone know of any hack or app that can do this on liberty rom?

also Im sorry if this isn't the correct forum for this.

thx in adv:heart:

jesus christmas

Reaction score
solved, kind of

I had the same exact problem, I downloaded just shake from the market only 99 cents,, works great! Mixzing will also be implementing this feature soon.

OP
X

XDroid

Reaction score
I had the same exact problem, I downloaded just shake from the market only 99 cents,, works great! Mixzing will also be implementing this feature soon.

Thanks for the reply! Cool alternative to my situation, however I think it's going to be kind of a pain trying to shake my phone inside my pants pocket. Also people might think I'm shaking something else :icon_eek: lol. Thanks for the info about mixzing though. I hope that happens soon. till then, any dev's have any other ideas? any help/advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Big Ry

Reaction score
I missed this fearure on my blackberry bold when I switched to my droid 1. I wasnt even aware CM incorporated the feature.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
X

XDroid

Reaction score
I missed this fearure on my blackberry bold when I switched to my droid 1. I wasnt even aware CM incorporated the feature.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I don't think most people even realize this is a feature in CM. I always read the change log and happened to notice it a few months back. It immediately became extremely useful to me since I play and download all my music from my phone.

jesus christmas

Reaction score

Thanks for the reply! Cool alternative to my situation, however I think it's going to be kind of a pain trying to shake my phone inside my pants pocket. Also people might think I'm shaking something else :icon_eek: lol. Thanks for the info about mixzing though. I hope that happens soon. till then, any dev's have any other ideas? any help/advice would be appreciated.

I actually downloaded the app just for the volume change song feature, and disabled the shake feature lol worked for me