Long Press on Home - Google Now

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I discovered last night that a Long Press on the Home button brings up a little half wheel with a link to Google Now on the top of the arch. This is a pretty cool feature but it seems there is a lot of wasted real estate on the circle that it seems like you should be able to add more apps to it... Is there a way to do so that I am missing?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That may work on your phone but be aware that it doesn't work the same on other, (brands/Android versions), phones. On the SGS4 a double tap of the home button brings up Now.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I have a SGS4 at work and double tapping the home button brings up s voice. discovered a long press on the dock icon does the same thing as home button on the Maxx... but this thread is about the Maxx so not to concerned with the GS4. :)

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
You are correct but other non Maxx users may/will read it. I wasn't complaining or correcting, only clarifying for anyone else.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
sorry but not sure why clarification is needed? it's in the maxx section and I'm trying to ask a question about the feature not discuss if other models can do it or not.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I hope you get your answer. I looked at the thread because of the title of the thread. I didn't see a question in the title.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
This is a stock Android feature for accessing Google Now. No way to add other apps.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4