Long Contact Name does not wrap. runs off screen

je111222333444

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Surely I'm not the only one with this problem. In the default Samsung Galaxy S5 contacts app, when you view a contact with a long name, the name runs off the screen and is cut off. Why does it not wrap to the next line?!?!! There is a massive screen, and a huge stupid head icon, but any name longer than about 30 characters gets cut off. How can I fix this? See screenshot below.
Screenshot_2015-08-23-23-35-09.png

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You may be able to select a smaller system font size and that may allow the entire name to display on one line, but I don't know of any way to make a it wrap.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Since you've got something in parenthesis, may I suggest taking the middle name out? Maybe that's not the case for EVERY contact you've got an issue like this with, but in this case, I feel like you'd at least see enough of the "B" word you've got there (Brother? Boyfriend?) to have a better idea of who it is. In fact, since you've got the clarification of how you know this person (through Simon), I think I might even leave the last name out. If you've only got this person in your phone because they're a friend of a friend kind of thing, do you HAVE to know more than their first name and who you know them through?

All of my contacts are only first and last name, so I can't really help other than that, but it seems like you could shorten that up enough that you'd still know who it was.