Lollipop update. Any Issues?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Drop in battery life must be frustrating, being that they (Google) told us for months before release that Lollipop would be much easier on battery life and you would notice a significant improvement. Sounds like that backfired on them.

S5 tap'n
The first few days my battery was wonky but it is now better than when on KK but at the end of KK Android system had started competing with screen for number 1 battery user and though still #2 it's well below screen now so my battery is actually about what it was when I first got the phone, easily getting 7 hours of screen time per charge. It'd dropped to about 6 hours since February.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The first few days my battery was wonky but it is now better than when on KK but at the end of KK Android system had started competing with screen for number 1 battery user and though still #2 it's well below screen now so my battery is actually about what it was when I first got the phone, easily getting 7 hours of screen time per charge. It'd dropped to about 6 hours since February.
Did your ever do an fdr when you got the at&t update? I can't remember.

Sent from my Note 4

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely noticing a difference in battery as well. As was mentioned, nothing outrageous, but enough to be an annoyance

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
For a while before the update, videos in chrome had no sound for me. Now they do.

I disabled mixing then worth revenue apps though. I'm so used to the old way of managing tabs.

Sent from my Note 4

BruceCorcoran

Reaction score
I lost all my contacts and can't even see recent calls because it says updating contacts for hours

jhom

Reaction score
The only notable problem I've experienced has been a dramatic reduction in battery life since I updated on Saturday. It seemed to improve slightly yesterday. This morning I pulled the battery and I have noticed that the battery is acting more like usual. When I checked the battery status I saw an immediate improvement in the usage curve. I'll check tomorrow after a full day of normal use. Here is my battery curve (notice the immediate change in the slope after I pulled the battery around 10:30am).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-08-21-14-30.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-08-21-14-30.png
    182.1 KB · Views: 181

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Does anyone that has updated use Google Voice for their voicemail? I can't seem to get mine to work since updating.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Does anyone that has updated use Google Voice for their voicemail? I can't seem to get mine to work since updating.
I'm using Google Voice for voicemail.

Did you turn on Advanced Calling? Advanced Calling and Google Voice do not play well together. I ran into the issue when Advanced Calling arrived for my old S5, so I knew to expect it with the Note 4. It's the only reason why I'm not using Advanced Calling.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
I'm using Google Voice for voicemail.

Did you turn on Advanced Calling? Advanced Calling and Google Voice do not play well together. I ran into the issue when Advanced Calling arrived for they old S5, so I knew to expect it with the Note 4. It's the only reason why I'm not using Advanced Calling.
Ahh I do remember hearing something about that now that you mention it. Yes, I did turn on advanced calling. I will get rid of it to see if that fixes the problem (kinda sucks anyway). Thanks!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I think there were a few articles on the Google Now. I am going to experiment and "freeze" it or see what I can do about it.

Note 4Tified

If that's the problem, I hope they fix it soon. Love me some Google Now.

It's been almost 3 days since I froze the Google search app (and by extension Google Now). I wanted to give it some time to settle in before reporting back.

My battery life has noticeably improved. It's back to where it was before the Lollipop update. I like Google Now, but it's not something I use a lot, so freezing it isn't a huge loss for me. That said, I'm looking at jumping into Android Wear in the near future, so it won't be long before I will start using it more often. But for now, I'm quite pleased.