Lollipop update. Any Issues?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'M on what app?

Note 4Tified
Removed Handcent and now using the Verizon App. Still on the fence about it but nice to not have the annoying ads that started appearing in Handcent with their last update.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Okay I found an issue. When I reboot the phone, it initially loads with the lockscreen gone and after about 3-5 seconds it locks. I do not have a password/etc to unlock, just swipe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Okay I found an issue. When I reboot the phone, it initially loads with the lockscreen gone and after about 3-5 seconds it locks. I do not have a password/etc to unlock, just swipe.

Mine did that a couple times I booted into recovery and cleared cache. Seems good since

Note 4Tified

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Power phone down. Power back up by holding volume up, home and power all at the same time. Just be SUPER careful you know what buttons you are pushing once in recovery.

Note 4Tified

Been there, done that :) Not a huge deal to me personally, just annoying

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
So far my only issue is tapatalk notifications. It vibrates then 4 to 10 seconds later rings and shows notification

Note 4Tified

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Battery took a dive today. 34% left 2.5 hrs screen and 2.5 hours on phone just over 11 hours off charger. Going to give it a few more days to settle. Facebook was using juice and I don't even use the app but maybe once a week. Not sure what's up there. Going to keep an eye on it

Note 4Tified

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Battery took a dive today. 34% left 2.5 hrs screen and 2.5 hours on phone just over 11 hours off charger. Going to give it a few more days to settle. Facebook was using juice and I don't even use the app but maybe once a week. Not sure what's up there. Going to keep an eye on it

Note 4Tified
I've noticed that my battery life has similarly dropped off over the past couple of days. I'll give it a few more days as well, but I'll likely end up going with a FDR.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I've noticed that my battery life has similarly dropped off over the past couple of days. I'll give it a few more days as well, but I'll likely end up going with a FDR.
Same here. Going to give it until weds. or thurs. for it to settle in.

Note 4Tified

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Still making it through the day on one charge, but I've noticed mine is lower at bedtime than usual. I already did an fdr, so I'm hoping it will settle in another few days.

Sent from my Note 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Well my battery has taken a turn for the worst. Losing 5% an hour sitting on desk no open apps or using it at all in good signal zone. FDR today for me looks like.

Never had the battery get worst after a few days pretty odd... I also haven't allowed any updates. Looks like Google services is using the most.

Note 4Tified

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well my battery has taken a turn for the worst. Losing 5% an hour sitting on desk no open apps or using it at all in good signal zone. FDR today for me looks like.

Never had the battery get worst after a few days pretty odd... I also haven't allowed any updates. Looks like Google services is using the most.

Note 4Tified
Have you restarted the phone at all lately? Sometimes that's all you need to kinda reset something that's hung up and running in the background.

Mine's been unplugged for almost 3 hours, I've got 95% battery left (which the phone claims is Approximately 2 days left), and Google Services, Android OS, and The Weather Channel are all that's showing. 1% each.

I try to restart my phone every few days, regardless of the last time I had an OS or even a lot of app updates, just to kinda refresh things.

I still think you're probably right about looking at an FDR, but figured I'd toss out something obvious that others might not have thought to do.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Note 4Tified

I'm experiencing a very similar situation. Google Services is what's eating at mine the most well. FDR here I come.