Lollipop ota update issue

juancruz51

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-i545
My phone was rooted and then this morning when I woke up the first of the two OTA updates came in and installed. The first one installed with no issues, but the second one failed with a 402 error. I understand it failed because I still have the custom unlock keypad when my phone starts up. When I try to log into SuperSU, I cannot because it seems I do not have root anymore. I originally rooted using towelroot, but now that is not working now. I was just curious if anyone one had any tips on what I should do to remove the custom screen. I don't care about keeping the root anymore. I just want to upgrade my phone because I am giving it to someone in a couple weeks. I don't need any data on the phone, everything I need is backed up. I have attached a shot of my about phone screen. I have a verizon samsung s4. Any thoughts?

I tried to search for some other threads but it seems they were for older versions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-04-17-06-55.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-04-17-06-55.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 192

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Doing an FDR will/should remove root and allow you to take the second part of the update. Just backup and photos or contacts you want to keep

Note 4Tified

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
If @Miller6386 suggestion doesn't work..Let me know! I have the older ODIN flash image to repair it to just before lollipop udate! ;)

Also..this coild also help me!! I am looking to grab the no-wipe .tar.md5 images if your interested in helping?!?!! ;)