Lollipop Hold Out

Mas_Googler

Reaction score
Uncluttered, not weighted down by anything...and you seem to be taking exception to "extra garbage" ..but to me all extra apps I have on my phone that I don't want or use are just that..extra garbage. Why is that hard to understand? I'd really love to be able to remove the other 20-30+ apps I have disabled as well. And all of the widgets that are taking up space for no reason for me.

I'm the type that if I have a motor capable of making say 800 hp to the rear wheels...but if i add the extra weight of leather seats, and all sorts of luxury add ons..I know I lose performance due to the extra weight...so I like to keep the things drawing from my processing cycles to a minimum..

So what I do is I go in further and cut the extra weight down, make as little friction in the belt assembly as possible, make sure its "base lined" ...familiar with the new z28 Camaro??? Sorta like that..instead of 15 speakers for a Bose radio system that I don't need..I run one speaker. I disable everything I don't use(that I can). That's just me..that's just an example.. I don't actually mess with the speaker of my phone..I am referring to apps
Except for taking up some storage space, the extras that are disabled or apps that are unused (not running in background) shouldn't impact performance.
Also, Android monitors and adjusts ram performance. Unused ram is wasted ram. Having free ram doesn't speed up the phone. And Android prioritizes or manages ram usage to allow currently used apps priority allocation & freezing or stopping unused apps if ram is needed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Except for taking up some storage space, the extras that are disabled or apps that are unused (not running in background) shouldn't impact performance.
Also, Android monitors and adjusts ram performance. Unused ram is wasted ram. Having free ram doesn't speed up the phone. And Android prioritizes or manages ram usage to allow currently used apps priority allocation & freezing or stopping unused apps if ram is needed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I believe that's already been said...congrats..and I already established my reasoning for NOT WANTING IT ON MY PHONE... :)

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
You holdouts should really give Lollipop a chance. It's a good upgrade!