Lollipop battery life down to 15% with 1hr16min screen on time.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm convinced they will never make a phone with a battery big enough for me.
Not even 2 hours SOT.

009b5732335eb7ac40da530ce22894ea.jpg

TapaTurbo

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Therein lies the beauty of the 1080p screen.
d6JFyhU.jpg

For years Android users complained about battery life, and just when it seemed like manufacturers were beginning to listen, they pull the rug right out from under us. It's as if they knew our short attention spans would dismiss years of longing for all day battery life, in favor of a higher PPI count. I'm talking true SOT here, not just general all day usage. Any flagship device released over the last 2-3 years will last you all day if you barely use it.
There were a few flagship devices released in 2014, like the S5, Xperia Z2, One M8 & a couple others with REALLY decent battery life.... right before manufacturers decided that UHD screens were more important. They were just starting to make headway in this department in early 2014 but quickly abandoned the whole idea once folks started ohhing and ahhing over ultra high def 5-6 inch devices. THEN, manufacturers throw another money wrench at you to distract us from the main problem. In walks Mr. "quick charge" wearing a fancy bow tie. Now shut up and be happy with your UHD AND super fast charging device. We're providing 8 more hours of battery life in just 15 minutes. Battery life schmattery life!
THEN you have Google bragging for at least 8 months before release that Lollipop is going to be this super sipping battery friendly OS that will be compatible with every Android device ever released over the past 2 years. (and that was a year ago) well, we all know how that turned out.
Suddenly manufacturers have the general public believing that they no longer need long battery life as long as they have "quick charge".
Technology is funny that way....the more things change, the more they stay the same.... and so we're right back to square one.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My battery life went from OK to junk..I live in a fringe area..so I really notice battery issues.. After 2 days my phone went from OK to losing 30% of my battery with my own me sitting ..screen off..did an fdr..its doing better now..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's a bummer. If I recall correctly, that was one of that reasons you went with the Turbo, being a Moto device and all. I wonder if the Nexus 6 would have provided a better signal or if it wouldn't have made much difference simply due to your location? You had a Maxx before right? Hopefully it will continue to improve after your FDR.

S5 tap'n

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Battery and the warranty of replacing a cracked screen are why I got this device.
I honestly wish I would have either gotten a G3 or waited for the G4.
Fantastic post cr6. Mr. quick charge!

TapaTurbo

Reactions: cr6

m@tt

Reaction score
I have to say a lot better. If you updated to 5.1, vet the new update

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Good I had email Apps suddenly start using a lot of Batt. time on My TB and My wife's Mini ( and girl friends .. Oops) LOL
Google email checking for email so I disabled the update on them until I found the bad App. then reset it so far that has worked. ( for me ) ... ( girl friend is still missing ? Sharks? Wife!! :( no telling ,,, JK LOL )

Last edited:

m@tt

Reaction score
I use my mail because you can set the sync time, unlike gmail.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Since I went into accounts, Goggle, and tapped my Gmail address I found 15 or so Google APPs. that gmail was set to sync with and turned most of them off. I'm now getting pretty good Batt. life

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I never have my email sync..I do it . I grab my phone to check my notifications and I sync my email accounts..I run 3 on my turbo, and this way my battery hasn't taken a hit.

I also don't sync my Facebook. Or Facebook contacts or any other social media..that sucks up battery.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I synch work mail and gmail. Other 2 accounts every 4 hours otherwise I'd never check them lol

TapaTurbo

Last edited: