lollipo for this phone

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Probably not, but they have said it should run on all Android phones that meet some minimum specifications and the MAXX HD easily exceeds those minimums so I wouldn't rule out a port to that phone.

From cnet:

"Motorola
Motorola announced that Android 5.0 Lollipop will be coming to various devices later this year. Motorola plans to update both the first- and second-generation Moto X and Moto G, along with the Moto G with 4G LTE, Moto E, Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini."

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The Samsung Galaxy S2 just got an update. That phone is almost 4 years old.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Anything is possible, but Moto employees have stated that the 2012 Droid RAZR line (HD, HD Maxx & M) will not receive any OS updates above Kit Kat...on the Moto Forum. So more than likely it will jot go above KK.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I will be automotive pink slips this phone will not receive anything except security updates moving forward.
I wouldn't even bet on the Ultra\Maxx getting Lollipop. Likely, but not a guarantee.
ESPECIALLY, not to even mention, how bad the flawed Kit Kat roll out went...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I wouldn't even bet on the Ultra\Maxx getting Lollipop. Likely, but not a guarantee.

Very true, there is no guarantee, but at least there is a plan. Moto has said that the Droid Ultra & Maxx and the Moto X 1st Gen will receive Lollipop. That could always change, but at least they have announced that they plan to upgrade these phones. That's better than a definite "No".
Upgrade.png

lloydsw

Reaction score
CM will be moving to Lollipop, that's how I plan on having it on my phone:)