Lolipop battery life

zatchmo

Reaction score
So my phone has been horrible after the update. I can barely get through a day, and I consider myself a very light user. Verizon sent me a replacement and I'm torn on what to do. The replacement is still on 4.4.4. Do I keep the refurb and root it to prevent the update? Or do I keep the original and hope for a bootloader unlock? Does anybody have any experience with recent Motorola refurbs? I haven't had good luck in years past, but this one at least looks decent. Any input is appreciated.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to droid forums. What happened was probably a pretty common issue, and I'm surprised vzw didn't have you take a pretty simple step, a fdr to clear up some software issues...Before sending out a clnr device.

But with this you have the opportunity to root and stay on Kitkat or go forward to lollipop again...if you I'd recommend doing a factory data reset after taking the update...

One of the things the update did was to switch us from delvik cache , to ART ..this would leave a bunch of unused clutter and could result in hung up apps..it did on my turbo..

So really its up to you how you handle this...because I'm pretty sure that an fdr will fix your current turbo..

OP
Z

zatchmo

Reaction score
Sorry, I probably should have been more clear. I did a cache wipe, and a factory reset, nothing helped. The processor was being held in wake constantly. I eventually downloaded the factory rom and used rsdlite to flash it. That's the only thing that helped, and even still, battery life is significantly reduced from what it was on KK. The CPU ateast isn't held awake constantly anymore.