LOL! This phone has almost the same specs and is $179 bucks WITHOUT contract!!

jimmythegent

Reaction score
DAMN IT!!!!

Motorola announces the $179 Moto G, a lot of smartphone for not a lot of money

Specs:

The Moto G has a 4.5-inch, 720p LCD TFT display, a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM, 8 or 16GB of storage, a 5-megapixel rear camera and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera, and a 2,070mAh battery.

I hope you all now know what I mean when we got the shaft by buying these HDs... when I say "Premium Phone" now you know what I mean. Our phones were $700 without contract and $200 give or take 50 bucks WITH a 2 friggin year agreement.

This phone, also, will be able to upgrade to KitKat. Will our phones? NO.

Thanks Verizon/Moto! You guys officially screwed us and a ton of others!

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
DAMN IT!!!!

Motorola announces the $179 Moto G, a lot of smartphone for not a lot of money

Specs:

The Moto G has a 4.5-inch, 720p LCD TFT display, a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM, 8 or 16GB of storage, a 5-megapixel rear camera and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera, and a 2,070mAh battery.

I hope you all now know what I mean when we got the shaft by buying these HDs... when I say "Premium Phone" now you know what I mean. Our phones were $700 without contract and $200 give or take 50 bucks WITH a 2 friggin year agreement.

This phone, also, will be able to upgrade to KitKat. Will our phones? NO.

Thanks Verizon/Moto! You guys officially screwed us and a ton of others!

Two words -> NO LTE!

Now that's an epic fail....

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Epic? 5G is coming. 4G ain't some blessing in disguise. But if that's the only flaw in that phone you can find then you epically fail due to the comparison of components in a phone that makes it a certain price. If you go toe to toe with an HD vs this phone I'm pretty sure you will understand that $179 without a contract vs. $600/700 for this phone you gotta realize we got ripped.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
No LTE of VZW prepay is what I was referring to. 3g is not so good. There is no 5G. There is also. There is Voice over LTE. There is no 5G. Also it competes very well against the X.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Huawei says 5G could be 100 times faster after 2020... There is no 5G working group. There is no road map for 5G.At this point nobody even knows what that means.....

Caesars

Reaction score
I could see the no 4g thing being an issue on Sprint/Verizon, luckily Att and T-Mobile have a 3g(ish) network that bests cdma3g/sprint LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get the phone anyway, can't add SD. That being said, no LTE on Verizon is a fail, which is why you will only be able to get it on prepay. VZW no longer sells phones that are not LTE on the regular plans.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I dont know what all the hype is about 4G LTE, yeah, its faster than my old dumb phones internet which was probably 2G, but that being said, its not that impressive, sorry. Maybe its the fact I am surrounded by computers at work, have 3 at home and 3 iPads (WiFi), for me, though, the only real time I use the internet on this thing, is in on the crapper, and set on WiFi or 4G, its no where as quick as my iPad.

Anyway, my whole point, was look at this phone, under $200 bucks, while ours was $700.... thats a $500 difference... imagine what they could have done with that.... they could have added 4G and an SD slot for pennies.

My point is that I really feel we got the shaft, and if this phone is so crappy.... then why can it upgrade to 4.4 and our phones will never see even 4.3???????????????

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No 4G is a killer. Period. For people like me Jimmy... y'know that actually use our phones a lot... 3G is not good enough.

Caesars

Reaction score
I love the speed of 4g, I seemingly only notice when downloading apps and watching movies, 4g isn't a huge deal for many peoples usage habbits. That being said I love the LTE for twitch and YouTube.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
It does HSPA+. On Verizon it's prepay only anyway. So even if you wanted on VZW, no way.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
It does HSPA+. On Verizon it's prepay only anyway. So even if you wanted on VZW, no way.

What that mean? I get a better phone and pay less? Though I know YouTube videos may be slower... Lol

livinginkaos

Reaction score
I guess I don't understand the complaint. The HD is over a year old. If the G had come out at the same time it would have been priced similar. The G is not targeted at US markets hence why it was unveiled elsewhere. I think the complaint is invalid.

Sent From My DEV X