LogMeIn Beta

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by CapHook52, May 6, 2010.

1. CapHook52

CapHook52 New Member

I use LogMeIn and have been waiting for LogMeIn for the Droid and finally got the Beta app. Only problem is trying to log out of LogMeIn. I could not find a way to log out. And even if you force the app to stop the PC does not disconnect from LogMeIn. Am I missing something?
  2. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

There's been at least 2 other threads on this, definitely cool news.

When I tried it earlier I didn't see a logout but when I go back in to it, I have to log in again, making me believe that it logs out when you exit the app. My pc also goes right to normal state, so I don't know what issue you're experiencing.
  3. horaceunit

horaceunit New Member

Do you get the screen that asks if you want to log out, or go back to the computer list? I haven't had any problems with mine not disconnecting, but I am also using a paid version we use at work (except for the one on the Droid). I doubt that makes a difference but thought I'd mention it. I have tested it on my home PC (WinXP Pro- SP3) without any problems as well. Have you killed the app? If you haven't done so, you might consider rebooting the phone by turning it on and off.
  4. CapHook52

CapHook52 New Member

I tried logging in to two different pc's I have here at home and after getting out of the app the Icon on the taskbar of the pc still shows I am connected. One PC is XP and the other is Windows 7 Ultimate.
  5. CapHook52

CapHook52 New Member

I have tried killing the app and rebooting and they still show connected. My account is the free version.

I did see the screen for log out, or go back to the computer list and have clicked on both without any effect. After clicking on log out should it log out at that point?
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
  6. horaceunit

horaceunit New Member

That is what I have been doing. Also the client on the PC will still run in the tray- I believe it says enabled, and then if you are actually logged on from another computer (or your Droid) it says logged in (I think). Anyway that logmein icon in the tray should always show up and at least say enabled. I think that just means that the program is "enabled" on your PC, and it is waiting for a remote logmein connection to start.
  7. SKUDRIVER

SKUDRIVER New Member

Here is the support email address they gave out--

android-feedback@logmein.com

Give them a shout.

I've ran it for a few days & so far so good.
  8. CapHook52

CapHook52 New Member

It takes a while but the LogMeIn connection does release. I guess it is not a problem. It does let me log right back in, even when it still shows I am still connected. I sure am glad they finally got it released. I have been wanting it for a while now.
  9. darreno1

darreno1 New Member

Been using the beta and love it. I can finally put phonemypc to rest for a while.
  10. SKUDRIVER

SKUDRIVER New Member

I agree it's great. Lemme throw this out there--

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop that does not directly support Wake on LAN except thru USB. I've tried any work around I can think of. Running W7 & the OS WWOL is enabled.

My thought was to disable the internal WNIC & get a USB WNIC. So as I understand it, when in sleep, hibernate and even off--there is power to the NIC & the assigned USB. Apparently it only works tho on AC power, not battery. I also found out that wireless WOL is disabled in W7 by default, so it must be configured.

Sorry for jacking your thread & I guess for posting a non-Droid topic. I haven't had much luck anywhere else. Just don't want to leave my machine on all the time while I'm gone as the Logmein app currently only works when my comp is on.
Search tags for this page

how to exit htc ignition

logmein android logout
logmein from android
logmein not disconnecting
logout from logmein